Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 452 Words
  • 1,039 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For you - 2. Chapter 2

Rhys wasn’t a complete stranger. I had carefully picked him specifically. We’ve known each other for a couple of months. Well, known might not be the right word to describe our relationship—acquaintanceship. We bandy words now and then when we meet each other—mostly at parties like that one.

The blocks of buildings passed the windows on my way to work while I was thinking about last night. There was no denying that Rhys was good-looking—not a model or something, yet still everything but ugly. As far as I know, he had been with girls before, but that never seemed to last very long. I wasn’t surprised about last night. We already casually made out at parties two or three times before—that’s what you do at these parties when you are still young: have fun, right?

Rhys texted me a week later. It was a short message. It read: “Wanna hang?”

Ordinary as it sounded, Rhys and I hadn’t texted before, just like we hadn’t had sex before. I couldn’t tell if there was a hidden meaning behind the message, but I was intrigued to find out, even though, I had plans later this day.

Later that day, he sent me coordinates where he’d meet me. I wondered what I might find there. It was a bit out-of-town, but there wasn’t much traffic, so I made it there in just about half an hour. It was a beach area and I still had no clue what this was about. I had been here before, but that was years ago. When I approached the coordinates, I found Rhys on a volleyball field. He wasn’t alone. I was unsure whether this was a good or a bad sign. But I was willing to play along—both literally and metaphorically. In high school, I had played volleyball for a few years, and I was a quite moderate player.

We played round after round and I couldn’t complain—neither about our scoring (we were in the lead with 21:18, but of course, it was more about the fun than who won) nor about the view. Birds of a feather flock together, they say—rightfully so. All of them were eye candy and our win was sometimes at risk for a second because of the distraction, but I never stared at anyone.

After the game—we won hairsbreadth—his friends wanted to have a few drinks at one of their houses and invited us to come.

Rhys turned to me and whispered: “I would like to spend time with you alone better. Maybe a shower …”

I had to decline and told him about my plans, so we departed in different directions.

Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Believe it or not, but I do believe in feedback being a currency—at least for content you get for free(!). And before you might think, I might like to change it: I like it to be free. However, feedback ultimately is what motivates me. Without feedback, how could I possibly know what you think about it and if you crave more or just desperately want me to shut up for once? That's why feedback is important. And by "feedback", I don't just mean clicking a random emoji; I don't necessarily mean writing a wall of text either. Just a few, but personal message—after all, that's what distinguishes you folks from bots. I really want to go this journey with you, but in order to do that, I need to know, you are there with me. So don't hesitate to post your few cents below a chapter, be it praise or a list of things you didn't like—one comment is still more than none. I'm looking forward to reading from you!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have to disappoint you: They are about the same length, but—if that makes you feel any better—I'm probably just as disappointed as you are about that. I tried to make them longer, but this story definitely had its own mind … ^^

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like to think of them as snacks 😂 Thanks for the picture of literal chapter devouring readers ^^

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..