Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 514 Words
  • 811 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For you - 3. Chapter 3

Rhys hadn’t texted me since then. After a week, I felt like I had to take initiative now. So I decided to pay him a visit to the university where he studied. He must have already written all the exams and essays for this semester, so I figured, he might have some time for me during lunch break.

I knew, he studied mechanical engineering, but when I arrived at the campus, I realized that this knowledge was not of much help on its own. From some signs, I could tell, there was a mechanical engineering building, but walking there turned out to be a stupid idea since only half of the classes were taught there. So I was back to wandering around the campus. I was about to give up when I ran into Steve, a guy I knew from a few parties and I remembered, he talked to Rhys a couple of times. Lacking other options, I approached him and hoped, he could help me.

“I’m not sure …,” he replied hesitantly. “But if I’m right, your best chance is …” He turned around and pointed in the direction now ahead of him. “Don’t try to find the classroom. I tried a couple of times and I always got lost. Just wait for him, when he leaves the building.”

It worked out almost as expected, except that Rhys almost walked away without seeing me.

“Hey,” I started a conversation when I caught up with him.

His eyes widened in surprise. “Hey! What are you doing here?”

“I thought, I could join you for lunch in the cafeteria.”

“Cool,” he responded. “But I’m not heading for the cafeteria. It’s Friday and that seems to be their lazy day—if you know what I mean. Anyway … I wanted to check out that new burger place a few blocks from here. Care to join me?”

“You bet.”

The place was overly hipster, but the burgers delivered what they promised. I thought about how some people preferred the more rustic places that served for fifty years or more. Probably, this place was gentrified since it was the town’s east and a huge portion of the people living and working here could hardly afford eating here.

I asked Rhys how his studies were, and we talked about his classes, exams, and classmates for a bit.

“'nuff talked 'bout school stuff,” he said when he was halfway through his burger. “It’s my lunch break, after all. Do you have any plans for the summer?”

“I had rough ideas about what I could do and with whom I would like to spend time, but hadn’t settled on anything really.”

“Maybe, this is a bit spontaneously, but I was thinking, that I’d love to do a little road trip this year to leave all the stress and bad vibes behind me, to break a bit free. I’d like it if you joined me. What do you think?”

This was different from what I usually did and different sounded great right now. So without any further ado, I agreed.

Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Believe it or not, but I do believe in feedback being a currency—at least for content you get for free(!). And before you might think, I might like to change it: I like it to be free. However, feedback ultimately is what motivates me. Without feedback, how could I possibly know what you think about it and if you crave more or just desperately want me to shut up for once? That's why feedback is important. And by "feedback", I don't just mean clicking a random emoji; I don't necessarily mean writing a wall of text either. Just a few, but personal message—after all, that's what distinguishes you folks from bots. I really want to go this journey with you, but in order to do that, I need to know, you are there with me. So don't hesitate to post your few cents below a chapter, be it praise or a list of things you didn't like—one comment is still more than none. I'm looking forward to reading from you!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..