Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 437 Words
  • 351 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For you - 8. Chapter 8

We arrived at the motel comparably early, but soon after, there’d be the border, so we decided, we didn’t want to cross it in the late evening and try to find accommodation thereafter. The motel room had a TV, so we squeezed up on the bed together—this one was smaller than Rhys', yet they insisted on it being a double bed—and Rhys logged into his Netflix account.

As with most people who aren’t watching shows on a regular basis together, it took us quite some time to figure out what each of us liked, and we finally settled on a sitcom, since that usually is common ground. The music of The Big Bang Theory’s theme song started playing, and we watched the episode until the scene, in which Sheldon first confesses his love to Amy.

“Wait!” I exclaimed. “I haven’t watched this show for a while, but wasn’t he supposed to be … asexual and aromantic?”

“Well, now, he isn’t anymore.”

“But … how?”

“I don’t know … They sure have their reasons. Maybe, he is healed or the like.”

“Healed?” I must have sounded like a parrot. “Do you mean, that’s possible? Wouldn’t that make it an illness or disability of sorts?”

“I don’t know.” At least, I wasn’t the only one sticking to a pattern. “Of course, monks don’t have sex either … but they decide not to. They still have … urges. But with people, who say, they don’t have these natural sexual instincts like … at all … you have to admit, that this is … at least a bit … unusual.”

“Aren’t we gays unusual, too?”

“Yeah, sure. We don’t make children, but we love differently. We just love the male body.”

“You might be right.” I fell silent.

But Rhys felt obliged to add something: “Look, I personally hold nothing against these people. In the end, this is, what the queer community is about: Live and let live, no matter how weird one is. And it undeniably is a bit strange. I don’t know why people deviate from common sexual behavior.”

I decided not to resume the thread of conversation.

While we continued watching the episode, I tried to picture myself as Sheldon, but I couldn’t. I was so unlike him. Not a genius, not quirky and hopefully not as annoying. But could I really be asexual then? What Rhys said about asexuals, for a moment, I thought, it would be not as bad I was afraid it would be if I were and came out to him. But the immediately following sentence made me unsure again.

Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Believe it or not, but I do believe in feedback being a currency—at least for content you get for free(!). And before you might think, I might like to change it: I like it to be free. However, feedback ultimately is what motivates me. Without feedback, how could I possibly know what you think about it and if you crave more or just desperately want me to shut up for once? That's why feedback is important. And by "feedback", I don't just mean clicking a random emoji; I don't necessarily mean writing a wall of text either. Just a few, but personal message—after all, that's what distinguishes you folks from bots. I really want to go this journey with you, but in order to do that, I need to know, you are there with me. So don't hesitate to post your few cents below a chapter, be it praise or a list of things you didn't like—one comment is still more than none. I'm looking forward to reading from you!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This is an interesting journey, both literally for the boys and figuratively as trying to figure out one’s sexuality can be challenging, especially when your companion seems to believe that you are like they are.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

well it sounds like me as a late teen, not come to terms with my sexuality but wanting to try and talk my friends into trying something gay ( lol but it’s not gay if we just do this!). I like the way the story is headed!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Quote

I tried to picture myself as Sheldon, but I couldn’t. I was so unlike him. Not a genius, not quirky and hopefully not as annoying.

I never found him annoying :D

The Big Bang Theory doesn't really stand the test of time. The whole main cast is just a bunch of white people striving for the most boring heteronormative relationship, with an Indian-born funny man thrown in. And even the queer-coded characters didn't turn out to be so. I always felt the show was funny, but we've grown so much since then.

It's nice seeing you explore asexuality with your protagonist. They'll talk about it eventually, I guess. Thanks for continuing to write! :)

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I'm curious: On a scale from 0 to 10, how uncomfortable do you feel, reading the sex scenes? ^^

4 hours ago, drown said:

I never found him annoying :D

Leonard might disagree :D

4 hours ago, drown said:

The Big Bang Theory doesn't really stand the test of time. The whole main cast is just a bunch of white people striving for the most boring heteronormative relationship, with an Indian-born funny man thrown in. And even the queer-coded characters didn't turn out to be so. I always felt the show was funny, but we've grown so much since then.

Agreed. I liked watching the whole of the series, but the aforementioned scene particular disappointed me especially, when Sheldon turned out to be an allosexual heterosexual. Sure, he didn't have to be not straight, but they straight out retconned him into being allo.

 

7 hours ago, RicciRiccardo said:

it’s not gay if we just do this!

#NoHomo—gay chicken ftw

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..