Jump to content

arable - Word of the Day - Wed Apr 12, 2023


Myr

632 views

Quote

arable - (adj) - suitable for plowing

gay men GIF

Quote

Nifty features a lot of stories with arable characters.

 

  • Haha 9
  • Wow 1

14 Comments


Recommended Comments

  • Site Moderator

From the Latin arabilis, fit to be plowed.

In use, it distinguishes farmland as opposed to pasture.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

The Mississippi Delta is famous for three things: arable lands with soil that can grow almost anything, the Blues, and unless you are used to it, summer heat and humidity that is indescribable.

delta2.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, JamesSavik said:

The Mississippi Delta is famous for three things: arable lands with soil that can grow almost anything, the Blues, and unless you are used to it, summer heat and humidity that is indescribable.

delta2.png

You left out mosquitoes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, drpaladin said:

You left out mosquitoes.

They are our state bird. You have to keep moving or swarms of them will carry you off.

ms-state-bird.jpg

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, JamesSavik said:

They are our state bird. You have to keep moving or swarms of them will carry you off.

ms-state-bird.jpg

Good thing I can walk through a cloud of them and they part like the Red Sea.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drpaladin said:

That will attract them.

He's right. Skeeters hunt with their sense of smell. The smellier you are, the more they'll swarm you.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, JamesSavik said:

He's right. Skeeters hunt with their sense of smell. The smellier you are, the more they'll swarm you.

Then what repels them? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
37 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Then what repels them? 

With me it's my blood chemistry, which seems unique.

  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
8 hours ago, drpaladin said:

With me it's my blood chemistry, which seems unique.

Eating garlic keeps away blood suckers too, besides vampires... Allegedly 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..