[NickolasJames8] The Shining Light

The Shining Light is one of three stories presented at the Nickolas James Annual Author Invitational. I still need to read the other two stories.

What a charming story. I loved the part when the 10 year old James describes what he saw on the Jerry Springer show. :lol: Nick left some unanswered questions, as usual ;)

1. Is James going to turn gay, and this makeup thing is a first sign of it?

2. Why does James keep loosing the keys? Is he hoping for his father to find them? I mean, does this key loss have something to do with his father?

3. Is James in this story your cousin/brother or is he a made up character?

So sensitive and thoughtful, and very original story. It left me with tears in my eyes and a smile across my face. That's Nick alright :)

Hugs,

Michael.

Edited by Xiao_Chun
The Shining Light is one of three stories presented at the Nickolas James Annual Author Invitational. I still need to read the other two stories.

What a charming story. I loved the part when the 10 year old James describes what he saw on the Jerry Springer show. :lol: Nick left some unanswered questions, as usual ;)

1. Is James going to turn gay, and this makeup thing is a first sign of it?

2. Why does James keep loosing the keys? Is he hoping for his father to find them? I mean, does this key loss have something to do with his father?

3. Is James in this story your cousin/brother or is he a made up character?

So sensitive and thoughtful, and very original story. It left me with tears in my eyes and a smile across my face. That's Nick alright :)

Hugs,

Michael.

My interpretation is that he might be gay already and his mom knows it but hasn't accepted it yet. James probably has no idea.

I think he loses his keys because he's a careless ten year old :boy::boy::boy:

God no...he's just a made up character. I needed a name and that was the one I used :lol:

• Site Administrator

I didn't assume he was gay. Some kids are just curious and will do things that are not gender-traditional. Tom-boys are girls that prefer boy-type activities, but most of them don't turn out to be gay. Some boys are curious about girls and girl things. It may just be curiosity. It may be he'll become a cross-dresser. It may be that he'll turn out to be gay. It may turn out he'll end of as President of the United States of America. At that age, I'm not going to make predictions about what he might become. I dislike it when people try to extrapolate post-puberty sexual behaviour from pre-puberty play.

I didn't assume he was gay. Some kids are just curious and will do things that are not gender-traditional. Tom-boys are girls that prefer boy-type activities, but most of them don't turn out to be gay. Some boys are curious about girls and girl things. It may just be curiosity. It may be he'll become a cross-dresser. It may be that he'll turn out to be gay. It may turn out he'll end of as President of the United States of America. At that age, I'm not going to make predictions about what he might become. I dislike it when people try to extrapolate post-puberty sexual behaviour from pre-puberty play.

I think the most important part of his behavior is that he has no idea why he does it. He just knows he likes the way his moms makeup smells and he thinks it's fun to put it on. You're right, Graeme, it could just be curiousity. Or it could be something more. I guess he'll find out in a few years. The thing is, if he is gay, how will his mom react? That's what I was hoping to find out in this story, but the author never covered it :angry::angry::angry::)