Disappearance...

Hey...

I feel like shit even making this post, but this week has been a serious struggle, and my efforts to get through it 'AND' do anything substantial for the site have been an excercise in futility. I'm soooo sorry. I seriously pushed myself as hard as I possibly could, but my jobs have been taking some serious advantage of me this holiday week, and sleep is such a f**king WASTE of time!!! But I can't avoid it. I'm exhausted. Seems OTHER people figured that they wanted to have some 'fun' this week, and stuck me with what was left at BOTH jobs. (Sometimes, the nice guy really does finish last. Sighhh...) Let's just say that some of my co-workers have called in their very last favor concerning my assistance from now on.

But I have a half day off tomorrow, and I will be working my ASS off to fix everything that went haywire while I was gone. Starting tonight, with as much energy as I have while I'm still awake.

Unfortunately, the site is on hold until next week. Don't worry, I am typing as fast as my fingers can manage, trying to repair it all before the chaos gets too far out of control. It will only take two or three days to finish and get things rolling again if I start 'tonight/this morning'. Cool? My sincerest apologies to you guys who were waiting to hear from me or were waiting to see new additions to your favorites. It really hurts that I have to be so absent right now.

So, that said, Monday of next week will start things moving again. My email box was full for a while tonight (I missed over 132 messages since Monday, some of them spam, I'm sure. But I have already started on them again, so there is more than enough room for you guys to write if you need to. Cool? Hearing from you guys always makes me smile when I need

it most). I'll be working on emails first! Besides, I love you guys too much to stay away, hehehe! So expect to hear from me soon.

Next, I'll be working on maintaining all of the Message boards on the site, including next week's "Speak Week" on Society Vs. Self! So I hope you guys will be able to stop by! Also, the brand new mailing list will be up and running by then, so I will definitely talk to you guys more about that as we depart from Topica (Who became too unpredicatable in their 'top notch' service for their own good). HUGE thanks to Grimwolf, who has offered me a place to send messages out without the bullshit attached. ((Hugs))

Stories will continue on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, of next week ("Billy Chase", "Dream Lover 2", and "Gone From Daylight"), and I hope to hear.....'something' from you guys this time around. ::Shrugs::

The "GFD: Blood Bank" contest is overwith, but Mad Bomber was the only one to enter a response. :( Naturally, I was hoping for a better response. But...you know, at least his story ending was a good one. A GREAT one! So I totally appreciate the effort to supprt the "Blood Bank" dude! It looks like it's up to you and me alone to run this race and show 'em how it's done. Love you lots, man. I guess this makes you the winner, hands down. Hopefully, some other entries will be made in the near future, but who knows? It's always open to the public. (By the way, the secret prize just for taking the time to enter a submission? It was "Taryn's Song 4"...so...I hope you like it.)

Better luck with the next contest, I suppose. If there is one.

Also, look for new editions of "Savage Moon", "Untouchable", "A Class By Himself", "New Kid In School", "Kiss Of An Angel", "My Only Escape", "Between The Lines", "All Eyes Watching", "Always", "On The Outside", "Save Or Sacrifice", "Left Without Words", "Pretty Poison", and a bunch of others as the summer goes on. I worked really hard to try to make them enjoyable for you guys. Please please PLEASE let me know *SOMETHING* when you read them!!! Please? If they suck, you can really just tell me that they f**king SUCK and I should fix them. K? Seriously. Just say, "I didn't like it." with the story title in the subject line. That's it. Copy and paste that one sentence into an email, and I'll know that I've gotta do better. That's it. I won't get upset or anything. But silence? Silence only makes me punish myself. And trust me....I'm VERY

good at it! So...yeah...say something. Anything. I can take it. Promise.

(Heh, who am I to beg for feedback after all this site has done for me? Psh! :P )

Alright...so I'm gonna start on emails right now. I hope you guys were able to enjoy your summer so far. (I haven't! Arrrgh!) But, both of my jobs have literally used up all of the compassion and tolerance that I possess at this point. They can see it in my face when they talk to me. Even customers tell me that I've been moody lately! LOL! And they only see me for a few minutes a day. What can I say? It's hard work, or serious poverty. But using my kindness for a weakness has reached its limit now, and I expect some favors of my own for the rest of this summer. They really f**ked up by taking advantage when I was just trying to be a good employee. (Good employee = expendable soldier ant in the colony) They won't be getting any more holidays off for a long long time to party with their friends. Not at MY expense. I guarantee you. I can only be a puppet for so long.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you know what was going on with me. Let me get to work. Love you lots, and I'll seezya soon. I'm working as hard as I can to keep things moving all by myself. Promise.

"In Miami I had to stop the show twice and couldn't go on. A case of overall fatigue." -Edith Piaf

Aw man... You know I think it's just that time of the year. I'm falling so far behind on absolutely everything. I also work for an ungrateful group of... Ok, here isn't the place to bring them up but, I'm sure most of your readers understand.

Feedback... I so suck. (Hehehe) I read the last GFD, took three sittings thanks to exhaustion but, I swear I read it! I even thought about firing off an Email and demanding another chapter cause I miss my marathon GFD reading ;) Although you did mention Savage Moon in this post... How bout both? *Giggle* No, I'm not too greedy ;)

My point is, I really meant to email and tell you that I loved the last chapter, I just got buried and it slipped under the pile. Poor excuse but, I bet there are a ton more out there who have done the same thing. (Probably also slapping themselves in the forehead after reading this post too) I'll tell you something right now though... I read absolutely everything you write, have for a long time now. If ever you write something that "Sucks" trust me, I will be in touch with you. (Mostly to see if you're ok or just off your game.) I promise. So far, the only thing you ever wrote that even came close to sucking was that April Fools Day short story, and even that wasn't without it's humor. (Had me wondering about your sanity throughout the read though ;) )

So, I'm sending a *BIG HUG* and a thank you for your hard work, in real life and on the sites and forums and chat and... For everything that you are in my life and have been for years. You are the one voice in the many that so many of us just couldn't live without. Never forget that...

Love Ya Comet!

*HUGZ*

- Jeff -

(P.S. - I still have a ton of work to do for you on my desktop :) )

Edited by JeffsFort

I know what you guys mean. I've only had a few hours of "Me" time in the last week myself.

I also read everything that's posted, Com and although I've only said it a time or 2, I really appreciate the effort.

I check the site daily to see what's new and even though I sigh and call you names (not really) when nothing new is up, I love everything I read.

I hope you get a chance to relax soon, even though I'm sure you'll use that time to write more of my favorite stories. :P

Thanks again. :)

J

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..