Can You Be Fired?

I started a new Job 6 weeks ago at a company where I'm protected from being Harassed or Fired over sexual preferrence! My company is based in Canada and that is one of the reasons that's i'm protected. AS we are all from different places around the world i felt it would be interesting to ask. Are you Protected?

• Site Administrator

No idea... but the accounts manager at my company is so huge a flamer that the walls catch fire when he walks by...

I started a new Job 6 weeks ago at a company where I'm protected from being Harassed or Fired over sexual preferrence!  My company is based in Canada and that is one of the reasons that's i'm protected.  AS we are all from different places around the world i felt it would be interesting to ask.  Are you Protected?

I don't know legally, but it's in my company's non-discrimination policy and our federal contracts would pitch a fit if they found out about such discrimination.

I know that in the united states we are protected its called something like the fair actions suite or something along those lines. Or i might be totally off in the name of it. In which case hit me with a shovel (have your way with me) and barry me in the woods.

My boss found out I was gay and I ended up dating him for six months. I still work there and you dont know what a break is untill you've had one like I have.

he he he

I know that in the united states we are protected its called something like the fair actions suite or something along those lines.  Or i might be totally off in the name of it.  In which case hit me with a shovel (have your way with me) and barry me in the woods.

My boss found out I was gay and I ended up dating him for six months.  I still work there and you dont know what a break is untill you've had one like I have.

he he he

Hate to break it to you Pat but we are not protected on the national level in the slightest. It's all down to state and municipal laws.

Within the Seattle city limits, I can not be fired from my job because I'm gay. If I were I would be legally able to take action. Outside Seattle, that is not the case. Bellevue for example would quite litterally laugh any poor sap out of court if they tried to sue for gay discrimination, and Bellevue is just across Lake Washington.

Of course, Seattle's law is made completely moot due to Washington State's at will laws. As long as the boss doesn't say that he's firing me because I'm gay, then he can fire me.

But my boss hired me knowing full well I was gay so I doubt that would ever be an issue for me at this job.