Country

Dalmatia

... Why do I get the feeling no ones going to post :unsure:

Hey Dalmatia :worship: .

GA Forums are here too meet people :lol: As you see you had already a lot of answers on your post :D

As you can see it in my profile, I live in Geneva (Switzerland). here a view of it :

gallery_2665_16_64156.jpg

If you want to see more, go to the galleries (but you have to post more, I think 5 more :P ).

And if you want to know more of the members, go to the memberlist and check the profiles B) .

And don't forget to read all these fine stories.....

Old bob

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats a nice view. I'll probably pass through Switzerland when I travel around europe but I dont know when that'll be at the moment, there's so many places im planing to go :lol: Once I've got my flying licence it'll be easier to get to all these places :D

Once I've got my flying licence it'll be easier to get to all these places :D

Flying licence ? at 17 ? :o

What kind a plane you want to fly ?

Already member of an aeroclub ?

Good luck and take care :lol:

Yeah you can learn to fly at any age, its crazy :lol: I'm just starting though so its going to be a couple of years yet, and I'll just be flying small planes, no jumbo jets :lol:

Thnaks for the luck though, I'll need it...

• Site Administrator
As for country, the only countries I could ever live in are pre-dominantly english speaking countries (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.) but none of those interest me in the least. Least of all the idiots driving on the left side of the road! I would rather live in Southern France, Italy, Greece, Germany, etc. The trouble with these countries is that English is a lot harder to come by (though not at all impossible) and I hate learning languages. I got sick of Spanish after three years of it.

The same applies to me about English speaking countries. I never learnt another language and I would feel very uncomfortable in a nation where I had trouble communicating. I actually feel jealous of people who are able to speak more than one language... (excluding computer languages).

Oh, and you ARE able to drive on the right-hand side in Australia. You just need to be very nimble (dodging those idiots who are driving straight at you), have a thick skin (you'll get a lot of horns blasting at you) and a super fast car (because there'll be a few cars with flashing lights chasing you). You CAN do it, though....

The Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Buland Darwaza, Fatehpur Sikri

Qutb Minar, New Delhi

Beach in Goa

The wettest place on Earth ---> Cherapunji, Meghalaya

Darjeeling, a beautiful hillstation

Tiger hill in the Himalayas (Jammu and Kashmir---> Known as the Paradise on Earth)

And finally The Gem--->

I live in Michigan, USA, but I've been to quite a few different states [and lived in Florida for like three weeks haha]

I've also been out of the country twice.

I've been to Frankfurt, Germany four different times [but only for flight transfers]

I've been all over Spain, which is the country I would live in given the choice. I just don't think I'll ever live there, and if I do, it'll be in Barcelona. I've also been to Morocco, the Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland.

Maybe in a coupla weeks I'll drive out to Atlantic City at night and get a couple night shots of the neon skyline.

With all the chemicals and other stuff in the air and its reaction with normal UV radiation, I thought the Jersey sky was always neon-like. :lol:

Sorry, dawg, the :devil: made me say that. 0:)

Conner

I lived most of my life in Canada, spent a year in France, went to university in Massachusetts and now I live in London - a dream come true I must say. I'm not bad with languages; I speak fluent French and I have passable Spanish and Italian, so most of Europe is open to me (I never wanted to go to Germany anyway...)

Menzo

With all the chemicals and other stuff in the air and its reaction with normal UV radiation, I thought the Jersey sky was always neon-like. :lol:

Sorry, dawg, the :devil: made me say that. 0:)

Conner

:P Despite popular belief, 90% of Jersey is farmland... my two hour drive from home in the north to school in the south is dominated by farmland. Then there's the Highlands up in the northwest territory and the Pine Barrens that encompass the south. AFAIK, Camden, Newark, and some shore destinations (AC, JC, OC, etc.) are urban. Camden and Newark get their influence from Pennsyltucky and New Yawk, so shove it! :boy:

It's still hard to defend this state. Since 90% of it is farmland, 90% of it is the sticks, so there's really nothing to do outside of the various malls dotting the state, especially if you live near the delware river... in my friggin county. My town has the only movie theater in the county, so I have to go 20 miles out to do anything!

Well I don't know have you been to wales??? :lol:

Nope...Never been out of India. And Cherapunji is the third wettest place on earth receiving an annual rainfall of 11,430 mm behind Mawsynram with 11,873 mm and some place in Hawaii. Til recently it was the wettest but due to shift in the South West Monsoon Winds, Mawsynram got the honours...

Nope...Never been out of India. And Cherapunji is the third wettest place on earth receiving an annual rainfall of 11,430 mm behind Mawsynram with 11,873 mm and some place in Hawaii. Til recently it was the wettest but due to shift in the South West Monsoon Winds, Mawsynram got the honours...

B) ....been to a lot of different countrys, Singapore was the cleanest city I've ever seen.

I lived most of my life in Canada, spent a year in France, went to university in Massachusetts and now I live in London - a dream come true I must say. I'm not bad with languages; I speak fluent French and I have passable Spanish and Italian, so most of Europe is open to me (I never wanted to go to Germany anyway...)

Menzo

London

Menzo

B) ..........I envy your mastery of languages, I been to about 7 different countries, mostly while in the service

Hi all, I am from Maine in the US. But have been living on my sailboat for last three years. I sailed to Canada then down to Key West thru NYC, Norfolk, Charleston, Miami etc. The to the Azores which I loved. I have been in Spain for the last two years. Don't speak spanish and that is hard. But you get by. Have met great friends from Australia and Wales and Scotland as well as English. Not to mention Belgians, Swedes and Germans. Most of the Northern Euorpeans speak English so If you want to travel that way it shoudl be no problem and I have always found people willing to help me out. I am heading home for the winter then plan on one last summer sailing the Balaerics, Sardinia maybe to Italy then back to Barcelona and the Balaerics for next fall. I have been doing this alone but am hoping to find someone to enjoy it with me since my partner insists on staying at home... Pax all Steve SV Gandalf

Hi all, I am from Maine in the US. But have been living on my sailboat for last three years. I sailed to Canada then down to Key West thru NYC, Norfolk, Charleston, Miami etc. The to the Azores which I loved. I have been in Spain for the last two years. Don't speak spanish and that is hard. But you get by. Have met great friends from Australia and Wales and Scotland as well as English. Not to mention Belgians, Swedes and Germans. Most of the Northern Euorpeans speak English so If you want to travel that way it shoudl be no problem and I have always found people willing to help me out. I am heading home for the winter then plan on one last summer sailing the Balaerics, Sardinia maybe to Italy then back to Barcelona and the Balaerics for next fall. I have been doing this alone but am hoping to find someone to enjoy it with me since my partner insists on staying at home... Pax all Steve SV Gandalf

Awesome it sounds like you've really been all over the place, I

:P Despite popular belief, 90% of Jersey is farmland... my two hour drive from home in the north to school in the south is dominated by farmland. Then there's the Highlands up in the northwest territory and the Pine Barrens that encompass the south. AFAIK, Camden, Newark, and some shore destinations (AC, JC, OC, etc.) are urban. Camden and Newark get their influence from Pennsyltucky and New Yawk, so shove it! :boy:

It's still hard to defend this state. Since 90% of it is farmland, 90% of it is the sticks, so there's really nothing to do outside of the various malls dotting the state, especially if you live near the delware river... in my friggin county. My town has the only movie theater in the county, so I have to go 20 miles out to do anything!

:lmao:

Remind me not to tangle with you......too often. I'll just stay put for a while and tend to my contusions and lacerations. :,(

That's good, laddie, give better than you got. It's so manly...and it feels real fine. :D

Conner