Right Brain vs Left Brain

I dont get it, its perspective on which way she turns but i have NO CLUE how your brain dominance comes into this. Brain dominance doesnt affect optical perception, i can see it both ways and so can others once you know how to look at it.

there are better ways to determine brain dominance rather than staring at a twirling black 2D image. I mean, there are more precise ways also.

I think its a good optical illusion though

Edited by The Reaper

Well, I'm not sure how much it is about brain dominance, but I saw CW. It took me a long time to get CCW, but then I couldn't get rid of CCW! At least not till I looked away for a few minutes.

It's a fake. Opened it in ImageReady. It changes direction at frame 25

I too inspected this in imageready and found no such evidence, the frames are a complete rotation (CW or CCW).

She goes both ways for me, but I seem to slightly favour counter clockwise.

Oddly enough quite a few years ago at a party (I think I was about 14), I was sitting on the sofa and looking at the overhead fan. Suddenly it started spinning in the opposite direction, and I found that I could change the direction in which it span at will. I thought I was going crazy at the time.

A friend of mine is studying psychology and she mentioned that perception does have a lot to do with character (if you see details, remember colours of a pictures etc.) because depending on how you subconciously prioritize things, that's how you see images. It also tells a bit about how you want to see things (ie glass half full or half empty). An emxample is a picture of this/these woma/en , the dolphins or Freud's what's on a man's mind.I'll ask her more about it.

My dancer turns CW and after a while I made her go CCW. I couldn't get her to go back for a while but now she's going CW again and I can't get her to go back...

...strange

She goes both ways for me

But do you return the favor?

Why is it that I was think the exact same thing as I was simply skimming page to the newest post... am I that bad?

We did talk about DP at the GSA meeting today... ouch.

I have to view it from a skewed perspective, reducing it to a less detailed shape that I can manipulate my perception of, in order to view her spinning counter-clockwise. A coworker got this in her email, and we all tried it out. I was the only one that couldn't see her going in both directions. I half-thought they were lying to me, to be honest.