Ever have a bad day

SO I had the worst day yesterday. I had to yell at alot of people and I even found myself firing one person who was a friend. Untop of that when I left work My car wouldn't work, but as I sat there waiting for AAA the song "Look What you've done" by Jet came on the radio.

One certain Line just got to me. "Give me back my point of view

'Cause I just can't think for you"

Here are the rest of the lyrics.

Take my photo off the wall

If it just won't sing for you

'Cause all that's left has gone away

And there's nothing there for you to prove

Oh, look what you've done

You've made a fool of everyone

Oh well, it seems likes such fun

Until you lose what you had won

Give me back my point of view

'Cause I just can't think for you

I can hardly hear you say

What should I do, well you choose

A fool of everyone

A fool of everyone

Take my photo off the wall

If it just won't sing for you

'Cause all that's left has gone away

And there's nothing there for you to do

A fool of everyone

A fool of everyone

There are some songs that can drastically change my mood. Like Enya's Boadicea, Its like Comfortably Numb only better.

Face to Face is great for motivation and inspiration, but if im not in the mood for motivation it can really sound like crap.

But aside from that if Im angry I do usually prefer to listen to something loud and intense to accentuate the feeling until it passes. Revel in the pain.

anyone besides me use Launchcast or similar online music station?

Edited by Umbathri

There are so many songs out there that help calm me down or lift me up, or push through my rage until it's all gone.

When I feel totally ineffectual, and don't know what I'm going to do next, I put on 'Wonderful' by Everclear. It reminds me of my family so much, for so many reasons, that I sit there and cry while it plays on repeat for a half-hour or more. When it's done, I feel drained, but ready to continue on with life. This was also the song that helped me decide to write Do Over.

When I'm just flat-out hurting emotionally and ready to give up on life, I listen to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. When I'm pissed off at life in general, it's Pf's "Mother".

Then there's Metallica for angry and need to just hash out it out, Garth Brooks 'The Dance" and Sarah Mclaughlin's "Angel", as well as Elton John's "Daniel" when I'm missing my dead parents (we played those last three songs at their funerals).

Uncle Cracker lifts me up out of depression and leaves a slight smile on my face while Green Day helps me work past the anger for a bit, and then helps me put a smile on my face and go about life with a renewed vigor.

Then there are the songs that I write while playing....and that list stays secret for a while.

Yes, music is an important part of changing/enhancing moods, which is part of why it is such a big industry. It always has been, and will likely always be important in that way (of course for most of history it was part of religion only, or tribal storytelling/events and so forth, which is an interesting course of study I dabbled in for one whole semester).

Time is an interesting thing,

When times are bad it slows down so you will remember it always,

When times are good it speeds up so will forget it quickly,

But no matter what time is still time and no matter what,

Your good and bad experiences make you who you are and I wouldn't change that,

For the world.

Yay I'm cheesy