The word, tongue

My psymeds keep me from straying too far across the line toward insanity. ;)

We're all a bit crazy. Some of us, it's more latent or dormant than others. And if it helps your creativity, than work with what you have.

Yes!! Thank goodness for meds! :D

I should probably be on meds. Then again, they might disturb my creativity among other things. :wacko: :off: BTW, I think Jack was correct about using adjectives to negate the effects of having to use tongue twice in a sentence.

Trust me on this. Tim's way off his rocker.

And for peanut butter and chocolate. ;)

I don't know TigerTim that well, so I'll take your word for it.

Hmm, does the caffeine from the chocolate interfere with your meds? :P Probably not, unless you eat bucketfuls of chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a wholesale size bag of peanut butter cups. Excuse me while I swallow them whole and stay up all night long studying and watching reruns.

Hmm, does the caffeine from the chocolate interfere with your meds? :P Probably not, unless you eat bucketfuls of chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a wholesale size bag of peanut butter cups. Excuse me while I swallow them whole and stay up all night long studying and watching reruns.

If the chocolate interferes I'm sure it's nowhere near the extent that 4-5 cups of Cuban coffee a day does. :blink:

PB cups are yummy. So are the new cookies. They taste so good on my tongue. :P

Oh look! Tim managed to get us back on topic. Very good Tim. Maybe you're getting closer to that rocker. :P

I was gonna say the same thing. But chocolate and peanut butter is a mixture of creamy goodness so of course it tastes good on the tongue.

Is there a good synonym for the word, tongue in the context of the tongue in a person's mouth?

There are synonyms, but I don't think any of them are good:

glossa: a tongue or lingual structure especially in an insect

lingua: a tongue or an organ resembling a tongue

clapper: tongue of a bell; one that claps or applauds

Depends on where your story is going. You might find use for a couple of them:

#1: "She was large and ugly, but oh, my God did she know what to do with her glossa!" and drive your readers totally bonkers trying to figure out what a glossa is.

#3: "Kyle had the most amazing oral appendage, he could do things with that clapper that no one in the history of mankind could have ever done."

Colin B)

#1: "She was large and ugly, but oh, my God did she know what to do with her glossa!" and drive your readers totally bonkers trying to figure out what a glossa is.

#3: "Kyle had the most amazing oral appendage, he could do things with that clapper that no one in the history of mankind could have ever done."

Colin B)

Oh my god, that's almost as good as Gary's "mouth serpent." :lol:

Yes, if you use those words, you'll drive your readers crazy or make them smarter because they'll have to figure out what your words mean! So in a way, you're educating your readers. :D

Made me laugh. Thanks.

Colin B)

Again, those are not very romantic. :lmao:

Oh my god, that's almost as good as Gary's "mouth serpent." :lol:

Yes, if you use those words, you'll drive your readers crazy or make them smarter because they'll have to figure out what your words mean! So in a way, you're educating your readers. :D

Made me laugh. Thanks.

I actually do often include words that some readers need to look up. I actually have thesaurus.com in my favorites. Some actually seem to like it, just as I do when I see words in other's stories that I have to look up. ;)

One of the things I like about the way Tim writes is he loves to use uncommon words that send me scrambling for the dictionary. It's fun to learn new words.
I actually do often include words that some readers need to look up. I actually have thesaurus.com in my favorites. Some actually seem to like it, just as I do when I see words in other's stories that I have to look up. ;)

I don't necessarily like when I have to look up words, but the curiosity will get the better of me, or the desire to understand the meaning of the sentence/story better, overwhelms me. But at the end of it all, I'm grateful; nothing wrong with learning new and interesting words that you can weave into conversations with friends and sound really smart. Or insane, depending on what the word is and in what context I'm using it in. :wacko:

I don't necessarily like when I have to look up words, but the curiosity will get the better of me, or the desire to understand the meaning of the sentence/story better, overwhelms me. But at the end of it all, I'm grateful; nothing wrong with learning new and interesting words that you can weave into conversations with friends and sound really smart. Or insane, depending on what the word is and in what context I'm using it in. :wacko:

I think it's a good to challenge readers a bit. If I can stimulate deep thought, I have done something good. My writing often reflects my opinions about a variety of subjects including education. I also like to learn. That is why I started this thread. :D

Those are more humorous than erotic. :lol:

Have I been doing something wrong all these years, then? :o

Methinks there is a fine line between brilliance and insanity. For me the line keeps moving. ;)

There might be a line, but if so mine was drawn in chalk and was rubbed out a long time ago! :D

Is there a good synonym for the word, tongue in the context of the tongue in a person's mouth?

Um....not to be a spoilsport or anything.... but to answer the writer's question....sometimes it's more...evocative ... to avoid the noun altogether and do it with a careful choice of verbs and adverbs. He can taste, slide into his mouth, enter, well... you get the picture. And you can use adverbs with it...or do it with the choice of the verb, how soft and sweet it can be...or how demanding...or whatever.

Sorry.....I'm a word freak...

Um....not to be a spoilsport or anything.... but to answer the writer's question....sometimes it's more...evocative ... to avoid the noun altogether and do it with a careful choice of verbs and adverbs. He can taste, slide into his mouth, enter, well... you get the picture. And you can use adverbs with it...or do it with the choice of the verb, how soft and sweet it can be...or how demanding...or whatever.

I agree with you Duncan... :)

And you're not a freak... :)

I agree with BK. It's not freaky at all. It might just give Tim what he was looking for. I know your examples seemed appealing to me. :)