Recommendations for music

GaryK

I'm thinking Guns 'n Roses, Godsmack, Korn, Megadeth, Papa Roach, Rob Zombie, Saliva, and Sevendust.

Thanks. I can't stand G&R or Korn. I'll try sampling the others. :)

I like the group

Anal c**t

, and the best song they have is called

You Were Too Ugly To Rape So I Just Beat The Shit Out Of You.

I used the spoiler tags because the name of the group and the title of the song may or may not be inappropriate for some of our users :) If you can't find it on Itunes, let me know and I'll send you the file.

I like the group

Anal c**t

, and the best song they have is called

You Were Too Ugly To Rape So I Just Beat The Shit Out Of You.

I used the spoiler tags because the name of the group and the title of the song may or may not be inappropriate for some of our users :) If you can't find it on Itunes, let me know and I'll send you the file.

I'm glad you used the spoiler tags, Nick. I sampled some of the songs on the album the song you mentioned is on and the only thing I could think of was this has got to be the funniest album I've ever heard. If people don't get the comedy in this music they are seriously brain damaged. I bought the album. Thanks. :)

I'm glad you used the spoiler tags, Nick. I sampled some of the songs on the album the song you mentioned is on and the only thing I could think of was this has got to be the funniest album I've ever heard. If people don't get the comedy in this music they are seriously brain damaged. I bought the album. Thanks. :)

Yes!!! I LOVE

Anal c**t

It's too bad Brian McKnight is considered mainstream, and his music doesn't have a focus on anger, because I'm going to see him in concert this weekend, and the price is just right for the amount of money I have to spend right now... 0.00

While I enjoy all types of music I am particularly lacking when it comes to non-mainstream artists of all genres who create music that plays upon the anger I often feel. Listening to that kind of music actually makes me feel more calm.

Gary, I've always been this way, too. My friends think I'm weird. In fact, my friends rarely like the same music I do! Very annoying at times.

That's because I need some more music recommendations please. Kevin's suggestions in particular were great. Bought all of them. Loved all of them. I'm looking for similar kinds of albums. Dark, brooding. A mixture of rock with maybe a light rap beat to it but not necessarily.

Geez, not asking for much, are you? :P I don't actually remember Kevin's suggestions. My taste runs more along the suggestions that Tim made. Here are a couple that these young'uns might not think of (mostly because my music collection is way out of date)... Tool's Anima and Gravity Kills (self titled).

If you're looking for brooding, but not necessarily dark, there's always Alice in Chains' Unplugged album. Beth Orton's Trailer Park is good for brooding, too, not really dark or rock, for that matter.

Tim took all my really good angry rock recommendations, though none of them are really brooding. My favorite angry rock-rap song is "He Said She Said" by Limp Bizkit. Just one of those days... Never fails to put a smile on my face. :D

I know how you feel, Steph. And I knew there had to be some deeper reason why I like you so much. I'm so used to my friends thinking I'm weird that it would be weird if they didn't feel that way, LOL.

Tim's suggestions were good. I haven't had a chance to sample any of them on iTunes yet. I got so carried away with Nick's great suggestion that I spent all evening listening to

Anal c**t

albums.

A few people PMed me about Limp Bizkit. I guess I'll sample the song you mentioned and if I like it I'll buy the album.

My music collection was getting rather dated as well. Thanks to the suggestions I've gotten here it's getting more and more up to date.

So far I've added, Audioslave, Gasoline, Rage Against the Machine, Theory of a Deadman and Three Days Grace to my collection. Oh and that one Nick mentioned that requires spoiler tags, LOL. Not bad for an oldster like me, huh? LOL

It looks like I'm all set to beta-read a sci-fi story about zombies tomorrow!

Thanks everyone. If you all have any other suggestions please share them with me. :)

I also think you should consider Shinedown. They have some angry songs. :evil:

I just bought their "Us and Them" album. Thanks.

Apparently they've got a new album coming out in June.