Researching Statistics

I'm not really sure if this is the right forum to post this topic on. Anyway...

I'm researching something right now for a story I'm working on, and I don't know where to look. Google seems fine, but I'm tired of filtering through all those links. Does anyone here know where I can find a graph of the religions on earth before the year 1960? Like a map of the earth that shows the religion of each places?

Thanks in advance.

Rad :)

this site tells when many religious bodies were formed but not where they are... but you can rule out several that came into practice this way....

and this is not a map but it gives you a decent idea of where the largest clusters of relgions are, the info may be a little off, but unless you are writing a research paper, no one is going to quibble over numbers too badly.

that might get you started.

this site tells when many religious bodies were formed but not where they are... but you can rule out several that came into practice this way....

and this is not a map but it gives you a decent idea of where the largest clusters of relgions are, the info may be a little off, but unless you are writing a research paper, no one is going to quibble over numbers too badly.

that might get you started.

B) .........Thanks Lugh, that is a very interesting site you posted!! However I noted that Buddhism, Hinduism and Judaism were not listed in the this site section.

Edited by Benji

Thanks, Lugh!

but unless you are writing a research paper, no one is going to quibble over numbers too badly

Actually, that's what I'm counting on if I don't find what I'm looking for. :lol:

The site you posted was helpful, but I can't use it much because.... I can't really say my reasons because it would reveal the specifics of the story. But thanks!

Rad :)