[Gabriel Morgan] Jeff and Rafael

Jeff's curious about what makes Raf tick. Raf's maybe still a little wary of Jeff's 'intentions.' Jeff's hung up on Raf's smokin' hot body. Their respective partners are best friends.

What's gonna happen between these two? Anything? Everything? Nothing?

Jeff's curious about what makes Raf tick. Raf's maybe still a little wary of Jeff's 'intentions.' Jeff's hung up on Raf's smokin' hot body. Their respective partners are best friends.

What's gonna happen between these two? Anything? Everything? Nothing?

No. Nothing. Never. No no no no no.

No. Nothing. Never. No no no no no.

So that's a negative, right? :lol:

Just fyi, I've already decided what will happen,

Nothing!

so this topic won't influence the story at all, it's just an aspect of PH that interests me.

In the original, before I had finished Stonegate which had open relationships, I had all four of them together in various combinations at different times, but ultimately decided to do something different. Flirting with it, as I did with Jeff helping Raf take a shower when he had the flu, is a lot of fun for me. It's like waves coming up on the beach as the tide comes in. Will this be the one that gets me wet?

I'm gonna be Jeff in my next life, Gabriel, so maybe then, yeah. But not in this one, not in this group. Though it might just be us that can't handle the thought of it.

Recess--Priceless! I always laugh at references to channeling too, such a good way to illustrate a point.

My insurance guy once told me not to call my maroon car red, 'cause that would raise the rate $20. Apparently there is some truth to what was going on with Callie.

Thanks for another feel good chapter. How did another story get in between SS and Panhead? That's where i'm headed.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

We don't really know if Rafael is any good in bed, do we ? *evil grin*

I'd like to say that I wouldn't, never, no no no... but I think, realistically speaking, I might be more than a little tempted.

Personally, that's one of the things that make me prefer Panhead to Stonegate : despite being hot enough to get anyone into bed (no surprises there) these guys still know how to commit to a relationship - a raretity, I've found (in the 15 months or so that I've been open to a relationship).

Stonegate, to me, contained a bit more echoes of the body-beautiful standard : the guys there are friendly etc etc, but at times it felt like the road to their respect and help leads through their bed.

To be completely fair, they offer help first and then grow close enough that shagging seems the next logical step. I think it's personal experiences that make me a bit wary of situations like that *grin*

Hi Silvertomcat - I've been wondering if you'd show up here. I think I prolly owe you an email...

Well, since I created him, I have no doubts that Raf knows his way around the sheets. B) I'm working on a way to bring some of Raf and Kenny's private life into the story to make that clear, and to give Kenny a chance to shine. He's sort of the #4 guy and doesn't get enough page time.

Stonegate was the first long thing I ever wrote and it was a total indulgence. I wrote about things I loved (horses), things I longed for (a large circle of very close friends), things that frightened me (Vincent's attack), and things I fear (S dying before me). The intertwined relationships in SS just seemed natural at the time I was writing it all.

Just FYI I've been in a monogamous relationship for 14 years and wouldn't have it any other way. I do a lot of looking, but only in appreciation. Having tried the 'open' relationship concept in my younger (and stupider) years, I know that it doesn't work for me. I hear it can be done - 'Lewis' by Nexis Pas explores the origins of a successful triad - but I've never personally known of one.

I suppose that puts me in my young and stupider years, huh? I think I know someone who's heading straight for a spanked bottom *evil grin*

I'm not saying that Stonegate Stables was bad (on the contrary, it's what's got me hooked on you, Gabriel *wink*) or that the bedhopping was wrong. I'm just observing that in my personal experience, it's rarely as...sweetly innocent as it is for Sean and Vincent. Well, I bake brownies for my friends, perhaps there really are guys who shag their friends into paradise as a token of their affection. *grin*

Perhaps that's a solution for both of the dilemmas eh? Kenny makes Raf purr in bed, satisfying you that Kenny really is a star and removing my doubts about Raf's...abilities. How about it babe? *wink*

As far as triads go, or double-dating within the couples... their backstory is sufficiently elaborate, I think, to make a working relationship between all of them p-l-a-u-s-i-b-l-e.

I do feel it would change the nature of the story : right now, for me, Panhead expresses a realist perspective. Examples are Jeff's old tricks showing up to haunt him, or Evan's past, rather than a secret mission or a fabulous inheritance. These guys are insanely hot and quite special, but basically you CAN meet them somewhere, anywhere. Unlike, say, meeting George Clooney and having him fall for you, forsaking all women till the end of time *evil grin*

Although it would be interesting to see how Evan Jeff Rafael and Kenny would develop into superhuman guys who manage to do e-ve-ry-thing a gay guy's ever dreamt of, I'm more interested in seeing them as they are now.