How long is too long?

AFriendlyFace

The one welcome exception is in the "Show Yourself" thread, where people keep repeating cute pictures in their quoting, so one can continue to see them on more than one page of the thread.

It is a welcome thing, but it adds unnecessary burden on the servers (bandwidth).... If how I think these things work, by quoting those pics again and again, it makes the thread slower and bulky.

BeaStKid :devil:

Kevin,

If long posts are a 'fault' of yours then I must admit that it's a fault I share, and I think that my reasons for long posts are similar to yours.

No one has (yet!) complained about the length of mine. Has anyone complained about the length of yours?

:)

Kit

Well, this forum is rare among forums I frequent because the average member here is not a complete idiot. Most places I go that is necessary to not offend, I guess it is habit now.

You're right, Tarin! I find that we have a very intelligent group of people on the boards. If we didn't I'd probably have wandered off by now in all honesty. My hypothesis is that it's because this is a literary site. So at the very least most of our members can string together a decent sentence :)

If long posts are a 'fault' of yours then I must admit that it's a fault I share, and I think that my reasons for long posts are similar to yours.

No one has (yet!) complained about the length of mine. Has anyone complained about the length of yours?

:)

Yours are another I eagerly enjoy reading, Kit! No, no one has officially or rudely complained or remarked on my typical post length, but I've had jokes and kidding remarks made about it since I first joined! Indeed, I may be wrong, but I think Vic and Snowy were among the first to ever comment on my verbosity.

I don't take these comments to heart (obviously! :P ) because I don't think many people are really bothered by it and because it's always been expressed in a playful, lighthearted way. However, there's obviously some truth in it, and I thought it made for a good discussion (or perhaps even a 'meta-discussion' :boy: ).

Kevin,

I do have to say you