Superhero Fashion Emergency

Spandex doesn't make a superhero look gay but it makes me a little weak in the knees :lmao:

You and me both. ;)

Why do we like superheroes in the first place? The issue is with (actual) straight guys liking them, not us!

That is a question only straight guys can answer. I think it might be more about what the ladies think of superheroes.

That is a question only straight guys can answer. I think it might be more about what the ladies think of superheroes.

you mean what the ladies in the comics think of said superheroes :P

Superheros are what psychiatrists call wish fulfillment figures for boys and young teens. Through them the 70 pound 12 year old can have super strength or the bullied kid has the power to bring justice and order.

Super-heros replace the heros of mytholgy and saga with a new myth and legend that you can be a part of for $1.50 a copy or 12.50 for a graphic novel.

When you look into the real dynamics of comic books and superheros, there is a lot more going on than there is at first glance.

eg. consider the psychology of Batman or the Punisher. Why does Superman use his gifts only for the good of mankind? Couldn't he just go into outer space and find a big assed diamond so he can have a crib thats not made out of ice? Don't even get me started with the X-men. There's a bunch of them that need to spend some time on a shrink's couch and they have super-abilities.

That's enlightening James. I love the X-Men. I liked the idea of taking the craziness to a whole new level, and so I did. :evil:

Batman is a bit darker as well. He become a superhero out of revenge. He's also a vigilante. :wub: