Anyone in Britain?

If there is anyone out there Britain or further afield who'll be going to Manchester Gay Pride this coming weekend it'd be if we could get a group from GA.... just a thought :P

I'm not going this year but I've been 3 times in the past - last time two years ago. I had a great time but was rather shocked by the number of people selling drugs on Canal Street.

If you go, enjoy yourself but take care!

Kit

I'm not going this year but I've been 3 times in the past - last time two years ago. I had a great time but was rather shocked by the number of people selling drugs on Canal Street.

If you go, enjoy yourself but take care!

Kit

LOL tell me about it... i once got offered ketamine... kind of through a fit/tantrum...

something along the lines of "DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT THAT ****"

I cant wait... this is my first pride, the whole families following me down... should be a laugh lol

Woo hoo! That sounds like fun!! :2thumbs:

I hope you can get together a group! If I were in Britain I'm sure I would attend :)

It's gonna be awesome.

just noticed your name thingy.... and i cant wait for the sequel! :D:worship:

Did you have a good time?

I saw the end of the parade on the sat, was very very busy!! some of my friends were there in the evening and said it was awesome. but yeah, the drugs, were everywhere as predicted.

hope you had fun.

Celia

Did you have a good time?

I saw the end of the parade on the sat, was very very busy!! some of my friends were there in the evening and said it was awesome. but yeah, the drugs, were everywhere as predicted.

hope you had fun.

Celia

I loved it, it was my first pride so it was an experience to say the least... if not a little scary at first... the crowds were terrible!

I ventured down on Friday and danced on tables, Saturday and crawled home at 5am. and today? well today i slept lol.

think i'll go again tommorrow, definately for the HIV awareness vigile.

but all in all it was brilliant...

barring of course the drugs and crowds :(

I loved it, it was my first pride so it was an experience to say the least... if not a little scary at first... the crowds were terrible!

I ventured down on Friday and danced on tables, Saturday and crawled home at 5am. and today? well today i slept lol.

think i'll go again tommorrow, definately for the HIV awareness vigile.

but all in all it was brilliant...

barring of course the drugs and crowds :(

oh well glad you had a good time, and tables :2thumbs:

it does help if you live nearby so popping down is easy.

am thinking back to that thread on pride parades, and there were plenty of children there during the day with parents helping them see. but i only saw a bit of the parade so no idea if it was explicit in places or not.

hope tomorrows good. im heading down to the mathew st festival in liverpool instead for abit of free live music.

celia

oh well glad you had a good time, and tables :2thumbs:

it does help if you live nearby so popping down is easy.

am thinking back to that thread on pride parades, and there were plenty of children there during the day with parents helping them see. but i only saw a bit of the parade so no idea if it was explicit in places or not.

hope tomorrows good. im heading down to the mathew st festival in liverpool instead for abit of free live music.

celia

Sweet, you cant beat a lil live music, the main stage on saturday was AWESOME... im not even sure who the DJ was... but i loved it!

I dont think it was very explicit... although one of the floats had a few rather nicely toned guys with erm... tighty whiteys... that left nothing to the imagination... but there were lots of families out in the day... my mum and aunt came with me, had a fantastic time.

only problem really was with my aunt, she's disabled and people just kept pushing past... i kind of lost my rag in the end and started shouting at everyone to get out of my way... (not as politely as i could have been i might add) turns out there was a special area for disabled people to view the stage... we just didnt find out until 5 minutes before she went home lol.

aw, well glad you had a nice family day out :D .

edit to add: its ok to loose your rag sometimes, some people deserve it. i saw this group who were up by the railing watching the parade. a mother had sent her 2 kids to try and get to the front so they could see and these people just ignored them even though they'd noticed the 2 lil boys, so eventually the mother took them and put one of them on her shoulders before leaving not long after as the parade finished.

Edited by Smarties

I agree with Kevin on this one. I would have been interested if I had been in the UK, but it just so happens that I am not. I've never actually been to a Pride Parade, and I really want to go to one. I can say the same about the UK. I would definitely love to "kill two birds with one stone. :D