Pancakes!

Aeroplane

Well, it's that time of year again when some of us will be redecorating the ceiling and then a little while later.. the floor.

What do you eat them with?

I have them with golden syrup and lemon juice, rolled up into a tubular package and sliced :) .

Just had nutella, banana and choc icecream that my housemate bought. had 2 as well. normally I can't handle more than 1 without feeling sick. really don't like the sugar and lemon tradition.

celia

Pancakes!

Ooo, the many varieties, but I have to agree, nutella is definitely the way to go. Dulce de leche also goes quite nice in a pancake, creating a tasty treat. :P

No, I don't like the lemon and sugar one either, too sickly for my liking.

• 1 month later...

Must Resist the urge of Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup and Side of Bacon with Scrambled Eggs!

I'm on a Diet, sadly. Can't eat more than 1400 Calories a day. :(:(

I love Pancakes though and there is an old diner a couple blocks away that does every kind of pancake you'd like; you just have to ask the guy. It's all made to order and my god so delicious.

mmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Mmmmm two friends of mine own the quintessential greasy spoon type restaurant and make the most incredible sweet potato pancakes. They taste like pumpkin pie. They're kind of fabulous.

I'm also a fan of peanut butter and powdered sugar or nutella and fruit (pretty much any fruit, bananas or strawberries usually.)

And lastly my top picks for the 'I love beyond words, but honestly they're too involved for my lazy self to make' category: Pears and candied chopped walnuts topped with orange blossom honey and also kiwi, pineapple, and mandarin oranges covered in this blackberry sauce a friend of mine makes that's somewhere in between honey and simple syrup.

Mmmmm, gonna have to try some of these out. When we went to Cape Town last year they had this pancake house in the Victoria & Albert shopping area, god you could put on lbs just looking at the menu. They were more like crepes though, my favourite was ham, mushroom & cheese, with just a little maple syrup poured on top. Man they were good!

Mmmmm two friends of mine own the quintessential greasy spoon type restaurant and make the most incredible sweet potato pancakes. They taste like pumpkin pie. They're kind of fabulous.

I'm also a fan of peanut butter and powdered sugar or nutella and fruit (pretty much any fruit, bananas or strawberries usually.)

And lastly my top picks for the 'I love beyond words, but honestly they're too involved for my lazy self to make' category: Pears and candied chopped walnuts topped with orange blossom honey and also kiwi, pineapple, and mandarin oranges covered in this blackberry sauce a friend of mine makes that's somewhere in between honey and simple syrup.

Oh my, perhaps it's just my mood or something, but most of that sounds like stuff I couldn't get down!

In all actuality the only sweets I particularly like is chocolate (almost any way possible, but especially rich and dark), or fresh fruit. The fresh fruit parts described sound good, but I don't think I could eat them with the syrups and sugars and things on them

I like pancakes best in one of two ways. One way is with butter, peanut butter, and maple syrup. The other is with strawberries and whipped cream. :D

Whipped cream makes everything better!

(BTW, where ya been, Tim?! I've been missin ya, dude! :D )

You don't like pancakes...may i ask how come?

LOL, most because they aren't chocolate :boy:

I seriously don't have much of a sweet tooth unless the dessert incorporates chocolate quite prominently. Even with the fresh fruit, they can be quite tasty to eat, but I can easily resist them.

LOL, most because they aren't chocolate :boy:

I seriously don't have much of a sweet tooth unless the dessert incorporates chocolate quite prominently. Even with the fresh fruit, they can be quite tasty to eat, but I can easily resist them.

Cr

sugar, lemon juice, strawberries and chopped nuts.

Maple syrup is also good but only the real stuff and I had a serious serving suggestion that people should try: Keep the maple syrup in your fridge WAAAYYY past use-by (like more than a yr :blink: ) so that it kind of seems to go just slightly alcoholic. It is soooo good. My sister came over and threw mine away after looking at the use-by and I was seriously pissed at her <_<

Oh and the other week I had ricotta and passion fruit souffle crepes (wait I just realized everything I've been saying is about crepes not pancakes, nevertheless) which were amazing. When the price of passion fruits comes down or I grow a passion fruit vine (Idea! scribbles down note) I'll try and work out the recipe.

Edited by writeincode

Hun, we're Canadians... It'll be very very very difficult to keep a temping can of maple syrup in the fridge for over a year. A can wouldn't last more than a week!!!!

We can't help it. Understand?

Well buy lots and hide one so that you forget about it for a while :)

But I've only done it with glass bottles of the stuff so I don't know how well cans would hold up...