Eurovision

Hey all

The eurovision is back! But I can't watch :( , deadlines are poo.

No, Terry Wogan this year though, wonder whether Graham Norton is up to the job of satire.

Anyhoo. what score do you think the British will get, and will we win the top or bottom of the table?

and who was the best act....

celia

Edited by Smarties

I love the dress the Azerbaijan girls is wearing ^^

btw, chat is empty :P

I can't, :( , I shouldn't be watching it at all. nor be on gayauthors.

for people who want you can watch it online if your not in europe.

In all honesty, most of them were horrible. When the chick from the UK started belting at the end of the song I wanted to kill myself because of the horrid sound. As for the others... Ugh. But ESC is supposed to be tacky(well, it always is anyways). I think the Norwegian dude exaggerated way too much on the scene, and his eyebrows and made me laugh(yeah, I'm awful, I know). But the song was definitely the least horrible imo.

In all honesty, most of them were horrible. When the chick from the UK started belting at the end of the song I wanted to kill myself because of the horrid sound. As for the others... Ugh. But ESC is supposed to be tacky(well, it always is anyways). I think the Norwegian dude exaggerated way too much on the scene, and his eyebrows and made me laugh(yeah, I'm awful, I know). But the song was definitely the least horrible imo.

Your kidding? :P Jade was by far one of the vocalists of the night. I'm not sure what you were listening to, and this is not country bias (maybe a little), but she was outstanding. I'll post a link for the UK entry, when available, and see what everyone else thinks! How the hell Norway won is another subject. Awful song, but he was cute! :P

We should be thankful it didn't go to the Balkens though! :lol:

• Like 1

I still don't think the uk was that well.... and because she had a famous pianist and all of the advertisement they did, I did expect them to end higher up....

I did think it was stupid that Norway game no votes at all to Finland..... they always give eachother votes and usually pretty high ones too.... stupid stupid.... now they ended last....

I actually have nothing nice to say about the Norwegian act... the guy looked odd (and indeed his eyebrows O.o) , the "hum pa pa" song and the fact that he looked overall just..... creepy.....

Ah well, at least The Netherlands didn't get through the semi-finals.... they really were creepy....

Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote the song for her and was part of the whole process, of course he was going to be playing piano! :D

This was by far the worst of the night!! IMHO :lol:

This was a shock, because they normally do very good songs - Truly bizarre!

[shakes head]
  • Like 1

Your kidding right?? Jade was by far the best vocalist of the night. I'm not sure what you were listening to, and this is not country bias, but she was outstanding. To prove it I will post a link for the UK entry, when available, and see what everyone else thinks! How the hell Norway won is another subject. Awful song, but he was cute! :P

We should be thankful it didn't go to the Balkens though! :lol:

No, she wasn't. She sounded very nice up until she started belting. It was all over the place. A good vocalist knows his or her limits. She clearly doesn't. Still, better than most though. But Norway was still much better imo, since it wasn't as painful to listen too. Edited by Pai-kun

:lol: I did go and edit my original post because I had JD ears on; admittedly there was a bum note at the end. :P The Icelandic entry was still my favourite, but why we gave 12 points to Turkey is anyone’s guess.

Ugh, Turkey did what they always do. Their entry always sound the same to me.

This was a shock, because they normally do very good songs - Truly bizarre!
Really? We've sent middle aged ladies the last few years. They were just as awful imo. This "woman"(let's be honest... She kinda looks like a man, and sometimes she definitely sounds like one) was hilarious though! At the end when she hits the high note and almost screams... Her face is priceless! :lol: And the wink at the beginning... :lol: Edited by Pai-kun

Really? We've sent middle aged ladies the last few years. They were just as awful imo. This "woman"(let's be honest... She kinda looks like a man, and sometimes she definitely sounds like one) was hilarious though! At the end when she hits the high note and almost screams... Her face is priceless! :lol: And the wink at the beginning... :lol:

I expected a British Airways logo or something to pop up at any time because it sounded like something you would put in an advert! :lol: