Eurovision

Lol i love eurovision. So much comedy every year.

How did that song win?! It hurts my ears.

I think our entry, Jade has a good voice, I just HATE the song they gave her. Andrew Lloyd Webber needs to realise eurovision isn't a musical and she shouldn't sing about 'MY TIME'. It was just cringe. We were kinda hoping we'd get Nil Points again just so that they'd realise how bad the song he wrote for her was.

Moldova is comedy gold. Loved it.

Sweden was scary. It seems that so many countries go for the vocalist in white and the backup dancers in black. But her singing either WAY too high or WAY low was just scary.

Greece was pretty hilairious. Apparently if you jump lots and slide on conveyer belts then you can be really successful.

Personally I think the song that summed up eurovision with the right amount of hilarity, cheese, and tune-that-won't-get-out-of-your-head was Finland's entry

But for some strange reason it came last?! Edited by tomon

Well, let me say one thing about Eurovision: Bring back Alf Poier of Austria for Austria's entry of Eurovision 2010! and plenty of comedians too, I don't notice any comedians appearing this year... :(

• 1 year later...

I was going to watch it again this year - maybe comment on here as it went on :), but I've now got to work. I'll read people's thoughts in the morning instead :P.

England have Blue as an entry - so actually trying for respectable this year - I wonder if the eastern voting block will be swayed at all - I doubt it :). Then we have Xfactors Jedward for Ireland. Lovely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1386391/Eurovision-2011-Can-pop-pin-ups-Blue-score-victory--beaten-Irish-twins-Jedward.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

My favorite picks for 2011 will be in the final: France, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Italy. I was hoping that Dino Merlin could do his magic with winning the competition while Raphael Gualazzi could snag a Top three spot and Corsic- umm.... I mean France could go for a top five spot. I'm a hater of Jedward, I don't think Ireland will win, but I will yell if they win because I hate them, ewwww!!!

This time of year again? :blink:

Sadly I think Ireland will win this year because the song is soooo cheesy and annoyingly catchy. I hate JEdward with a passion, but the Europeans will love them! :(

The UK have a really great song this year, but we wont win cos Europe hates us. :funny:

As for France being the favourite, that's doomed them right from the get go. :P

Having a Eurovision party tonight with a few mates so the JD will be flowing, so expect a few, umm, colourful posts on here later! :lol:

• Like 1

Well, the party’s started, the 6 of us have polished off the first bottle of JD after only 3 songs… and yeah, they were that bad! :lol:

This could be a very long (and drunken evening).

1: Finland; Awful, wet and sickly song. I can’t see this being on too many score cards come the end.

2: Bosnia & Herzegovina; (Sigh) Folksy and tepid, lots of arm waving from the singers… we were throwing popcorn at the screen!

3: Denmark; Cute guy wearing black leather gets my vote…. but the guys hated it. :( The song was pretty throw away, but the eye candy IMO glossed over that. :wub:

4: Lithuania; Hide the knifes, I so wanna slash my wrists. She was out of tune, the song was so morose.. BUT kudos for the sign language used by the ‘artist’. (I do use that loosely)

5: Hungary; AWESOME. :) At last the completion starts. Very catchy euro pop, amazing voice.. and I loved her bling. lol. Oh and my token straight mate liked her legs. :rolleyes:

6: Ireland; I hate this with a passion. JEdward just irritate me no end. Nuff said. It’ll probably win though.

7: Sweden; I’m in love. The singer is totally drop dead gorgeous, and the song is by far the best of the night so far. Gets my vote at the moment.

8: Estonia; Not bad, but has split the vote here with the guys. Typical euro pop, but nothing really special.

9: Greece; Cringe worthy TBH, it'll get 12 points from Cyprus though.. for a change! lol

• Like 2

10: Russia. This could grow on you over time, but considering we have to vote tonight it just doesn’t do enough I think.

11: France. Considering this is the bookies favourite I was disappointed. Mock opera isn’t my thing and it doesn’t fit the mould of Eurovision. He does have a great voice though, but, I dunno, I’d be surprised if this won.

12: Italy. Kinda of a jazz thing going on here and I liked it, surprisingly. Hasn’t a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but a good return from the Italians. :)

13: Switzerland. Catchy summer song sums this entry up pretty well. Out on the balcony, few beers and this on the background… perfect.

14: United Kingdom. Loved it, best of the night by a mile… and no patriotism there at all! :P In all seriousness, this is a really good effort from us, but as I said before we’ll never win. If we do manage a miracle with the tactical voting that goes on it’ll be well deserved. Just a pity I can’t vote for it. :(

15: Moldova. Total car crash… complete dross. Awful, abysmal, terrible and reminded me of the dreadful entries of the early 90’s. I need another drink after that. :wacko:

16: Germany. They wheeled out the artist who won it for them last year, pity they couldn’t recycle the song as well because this was mediocre at best.

17: Romania. Happy catchy song. :) Though the singers constant winking at the camera was annoying.

I know I’m getting bitchy… I blame Jack Daniels. :P

18: Austria. Real diva performance this, loved it. Not enough to take my vote from Sweden, but a close second.

19: Azerbaijan. Pleasant enough duet, nice harmonies, though the staging let it down somewhat.

20: Slovenia. This girl had a set of lungs on her that’s fer sure. Song was ok, but her voice deserved better.

21: Iceland. I know there is some sentiment behind this song and I applaud them, but this sounds like a throw back from the 70’s. The Wurzels come to mind!

22: Spain. If there was an award for camp dancers this would win it hands down. ROFL. Loved the little shimmies. As for the song, seriously catchy, I may have to vote for Spain & Sweden.

23: Ukraine. Okayyyy. Weirdness of the night goes to these guys. Song wasn’t bad, but what really put me off was the girl in the background doing sand painting which was projected onto the stage screen. Moving on…..

24: Serbia. The staging was a throwback to the 60’s and as for the song, well, sung out of tune for the most part. Next

FINAL SONG

25: Georgia. Save the best for last. NOT. Rock songs are right up my street, but her nasily voice made me hit mute half way through.

So that’s it, the songs are done, we wait now for the tactical voting. Not that I’m cynical at all.

Anyway, for what it’s worth my votes went to Sweden & Spain, I’m drunk, so it seems like a good idea.

• Like 2

And the winner is Azerbaijan. :blink:

Underwhelmed I have to say, but the block votes from the eastern Europeans sealed it for them. UK, France etc deserved to do much better, but how can you compete with the eastern brotherhood?

Think it’s time some of the founding countries withdrew their financial support for this competition until the voting is sorted. But I seem to say that every year. lol

• Like 1

1997 was the last time we won and will remain the last time we win :thumbdown: honestly I dont think we deserved to win this year but the fact Jedward placed higher. Their costume looked like they had stolen a half finished set of shoulder pads from Lady Gaga, realy liked the Swedish guy to one of the best of the night. Graham Norton had the odd decent line also through out the night " wow, make up works miricles because that was a different face in rehersals " to the presenter etc.

In the Netherlands 80% of the Dutch are begging the broadcasting organisations to end the Dutch participation of the Eurovision Songcontest. For the 7th year in row we didn't make it to the finals and this year the song wasn't bad (unlike last year). Unfortunately, the artists singing the Dutch song have as much sex appeal as the eels they catch in their home towns.

• Like 1