Avondale and Logan Square Crime Blog

Hoskins

This is a really neat little blog, I'm captivated by it.

http://www.windycitizen.com/blogs/avondalelogansquarecrime

The blogger is a 16 year old boy who has a police radio and reports on crimes happening in an area of Chicago. He has obviously been doing this for a while, he's very familiar with "the usuals" and often refers to addresses that have had previous calls.

I have a police radio, but I lack the high crime rate in my area, and the time. But fun to read.

Jeez- and Marlin Perkins though he had a Wild Kingdom.

Thankfully when I hear gunshots at night I know that the shooters are just drunk and having fun.

They are excellent marksmen. If they were really shooting at anyone, they'd be one daid son' bitch1.

1- a colorful local dialect called Acadian redneck

Wow, I've got to get me one of those police scanners...although around here, the most interesting thing on there would be a conversation on which donut flavor is the best. -_-

Seriously though, very interesting blog. Seems to be a lot of people in white t's and blue jeans hanging around lately.

Thanks for the link, Hoskins!

:wub: Chris