Do you rummage Goodwill?

Toast

Do you haunt your local Goodwill. You do. Of course you do. What was your best buy? Have you ever seen people fighting over stuff? Have you noticed all the Mercedes parked outside. Do you wear GW Chic?

I've met two people, both males who worked at two different Goodwills. One was a manager, the other was a warehouse worker. They both told me the same thing.... Goodwill is independently owned. The part they say about helping the handicap? I was told by BOTH, all they are obliged to do is employ a handicap for 3 hrs. a week!!! Once I learned about that I stopped going there.

One time I saw an antique bed which was all broken up. It had the previously popular wooden pineapples as decorations, it was beautiful but... broken everywhere. They were asking $300.00 for it!!!!!!!! I've seen furniture covered in animal hair, smelling disgusting. Children's clothes smelling of pee!!!! UGH! So, the only reason I would only go there is to see if they have anything in the back wall I could refurbish, paint, design and sell, and only if the price is right. I have not been in there in ages since I haven't picked up a paint brush since last November. Depression is a bitch!!!

Also, I'd rather give my yard sale leftovers away to those who need it. Freecycle.org is a great site to join. There, you can find ANYTHING you need... FREE!!!

http://www.goodwill.org/page/guest/about/howweoperate/shop

Edited by Rush
  • Like 1

I've met two people, both males who worked at two different Goodwills. One was a manager, the other was a warehouse worker. They both told me the same thing.... Goodwill is independently owned. The part they say about helping the handicap? I was told by BOTH, all they are obliged to do is employ a handicap for 3 hrs. a week!!! Once I learned about that I stopped going there.

One time I saw an antique bed which was all broken up. It had the previously popular wooden pineapples as decorations, it was beautiful but... broken everywhere. They were asking $300.00 for it!!!!!!!! I've seen furniture covered in animal hair, smelling disgusting. Children's clothes smelling of pee!!!! UGH! So, the only reason I would only go there is to see if they have anything in the back wall I could refurbish, paint, design and sell, and only if the price is right. I have not been in there in ages since I haven't picked up a paint brush since last November. Depression is a bitch!!!

Also, I'd rather give my yard sale leftovers away to those who need it. Freecycle.org is a great site to join. There, you can find ANYTHING you need... FREE!!!

http://www.goodwill....wweoperate/shop

Great post. But I still have fun there. Sorry.

Great post. But I still have fun there. Sorry.

B)..........True, I have found some great buys there!! :devil: Especially presents for others!! :lmao: No, I am surprised to find out that it is not what I thought (Independently owned). I used to go there every few weeks, looking for albums or any rare books. They closed the place near me, never went to another one since. It was packed every weekend, and even after it closed? People were still dropping off stuff at the rear entrance! :lol: