Black Friday- Are you brave enough to go?

W_L

While not called Boxing Day here in the US, we used to have "after-Christmas" sales, and still do to an extent. In a rough economy they often start before Christmas, though.

If you announced a Boxing Day sale here, people might expect to buy a George Foreman grill, I guess.

And there used to be January White Sales, things like bed linens and towels. I never knew the connection with January. They atrophied down to a week or two rather than all month.

How do you not freeze? I swear Black Friday is the time for me to stock up on winter clothes. Every year I forget how cold Boston is and buy more and more layers.

After 20 years here, you grow accustomed to cold. I advice trying a little ice skating during the summer time, it keeps your body temps even for our winters (If anyone wonders, I suck at hockey, mainly due to my bad hand eye coordination on the ice, so I rarely play it. I can ice skate fine, but I can't focus on the puck and ten other guys around me with one eye. I do enjoy ice skating in summer, best way to cool down in my opinion.)

I wonder how many people went online today versus going to stores on black Friday.