Can you help me identify and find this story?

Mari

Hey, lost all my bookmarks and wanted to reread a story from quite some time ago. I THINK the author's name had Tyler in it.

College themed, Tyler from Canada on a hockey team, loses his family in a car accident.

Derek is his room mate, has a younger brothers Kyle and Luke.

Derek and Tyler end up being a couple and there are lots of cinnammin buns and jogging involved. And a jeep.

Tyler and Derek get a house with a couple of gay friends Danny and ?.

Tyler gets kidnapped by crazy fellow hockey player named ? and shoots his grandfather.

Epilogue has Luke graduating high school with best friend Casey ( who is gay ) and the whole group and there is a scavenger hunt.

If any of this sounds familiar please let me know!!! Thanks , Mari

• Site Administrator

The story is The Road Home by Tyler Peel.

It is listed in the archives here at GA and in the Best of Nifty at Awesomedude. Unfortunately all the links are broken, so I don't know if it is being hosted anymore.

I believe it was at closettales.net but not 100% sure.

Hope you can find it (and if you can, let us know where :) )

• Site Administrator

Wow, amazing what you find when you look.

It has been years since I read the story, but it looks like Tyler picked up the story and is continuing on with it. Currently there is 53 chapters and the 54th is posted to a new chat room that you need to register in.

Anyways, here is the link which I think is much more of the story than the Nifty archieve has.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

Edit to add: hopefully the tech gods here at GA can update the link, Thanks cool.gif .

Edited by wildone

Thanks Tarin for the link

Read a couple of the chapters good story - there's 35 of them

Feel sorry for Dan - now that Tyler is falling in love with Derek and they haven't formally met.

Will wonder what will happen.

Thanks Tarin for the link

Read a couple of the chapters good story - there's 35 of them

Feel sorry for Dan - now that Tyler is falling in love with Derek and they haven't formally met.

Will wonder what will happen.

Check out Tickie stories. there are 54 chap. there

• Site Administrator

Yes, the Nifty posts only went up to Chapter 35 and then Tyler moved it over to the Closettales webpage to finish it off without submitting anything more to Nifty. I can't recall how many chapters the original story was with the epilogue, but he has picked it up again and posted some new chapter(s) blink.gif .

Click on my link above to get the full story and enjoy biggrin.gif .

With the help of a certain Shadowgod, the link has been updated in the GA Archive as well. You can go to that page by clicking here.

Thanks everyone for the help specool.gif .

Edited by wildone
  • 4 weeks later...