Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Barefoot Bandit

Myr

Wow. He's tall. :blink:

And were those chalk drawings on the red floor his real feet? I hope not...

B)............You know what, I cannot absolve him of his crimes, but I do have a bit of admiration for him. This kid broke out of a halfway house and eluded the law for two years before finally getting caught in the Bahamas. Again don't take me wrong, he is a criminal and needs to be adjucated, but for him to elude the law for years is a mastery of his skills as a criminal. I read that he was a thief as early as 12 years old and continued until sentencing at age 14, where he escaped at age 16 and eluded the police for 2 years. Not condoning his actions at all, but this is kinda of like a modern 'Catch Me If You Can' escapee of a criminal persona.

B)............You know what, I cannot absolve him of his crimes, but I do have a bit of admiration for him. This kid broke out of a halfway house and eluded the law for two years before finally getting caught in the Bahamas. Again don't take me wrong, he is a criminal and needs to be adjucated, but for him to elude the law for years is a mastery of his skills as a criminal. I read that he was a thief as early as 12 years old and continued until sentencing at age 14, where he escaped at age 16 and eluded the police for 2 years. Not condoning his actions at all, but this is kinda of like a modern 'Catch Me If You Can' escapee of a criminal persona.

I understand where you're coming from. It's hard not to admire an achievement like that, even if the achievement itself isn't admirable.

Authors: how about a story of a nice tame suburban guy who meets a rouge like this who turns his life upside down.

Catch phrase: "Come on. Live a little."

BTW- this guy is going to die. He's made the cops in goodness knows how many states look stupid and they consider that a capital offense. He won't be executed but he would probably like that better. They'll just put him in a cell with one of their pet lifers and he'll get his throat cut.

Authors: how about a story of a nice tame suburban guy who meets a rouge like this who turns his life upside down.

Catch phrase: "Come on. Live a little."

BTW- this guy is going to die. He's made the cops in goodness knows how many states look stupid and they consider that a capital offense. He won't be executed but he would probably like that better. They'll just put him in a cell with one of their pet lifers and he'll get his throat cut.

Sounds like the plot of Knight and Day haha (minus the spy part of course).

Now that dying bit is just depressing. :(

I agree with you. He sorta reminds me of the Billie Jean movie with his 'fan club' he has going. Well...'cept for the whole actual criminal thing.

Wow. He's tall. :blink:

Yeah...at 19 he's 6'5"...there's not a lot of people that tall. And with his survival skills in 'wilderness' he is doubtfully, very strong physically--possibly enough to defend himself hand-to-hand.

See, and I was thinking it would be a big fat dick slammed down his throat.

I feel like that's the reaction a lot of people are having- he's got a boyishly cute face. Therefore he's going to be prime meat in prison. LOL.