Co-writer Question

I was wondering if there was a place on here to advertise for people who may want to co-write? It's not for pay or anything. I was just wondering if anyone does co-write or would possibly be interested in it and if this is in the wrong place to pose this question just give me a swift kick in the butt. :lmao: Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Here is one place, and the Writer's Corner is another. Good luck, but I suspect you'll need to provide a lot more detail before anyone will express any serious interest.

If I was considering co-writing, the sorts of things I'd want to know are:

• Genre (I don't do well in some genres, and others I don't like)
  • Suggested method of collaboration (communications are key for this, so will it be email, IM, face-to-face, or a combination?)
  • Samples of the other co-writer's writing. Some people write in a style that I can't match, and so it wouldn't work because the writing would be disjointed.
  • Editing. If both authors have long time editors, how will the editing get done?

There may be other things, too, but that's a starting list before I'd even consider looking at co-writing with someone.

• Like 1