Christmas virus massacare

Marzipan

I think I need help with a freaky virus/maleware attack... I have tried Norton and Avast but they say my lappy is clean. But how can it be? I get thrown on random sites when I click on links even here, in GA. It is scary...

Please, any suggestions welcome!

I assume you're running Windows, so go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup. Accept the automatically checked items and then click OK to delete all of the files in those categories. If that doesn't resolve your problem, try downloading a different browser (Opera from www.opera.com) and see if it has the same infection. If Opera doesn't have the same problem, disable all toolbars, add-ins, plug-ins, and/or extensions from your current browser and see if that solves the problem with that browser. If it does, re-enable them one at a time until you find the one causing your problem. If Opera has the same problem, or if your current browser continues to have the same problem after disabling all toolbars, add-ins, plug-ins, and/or extensions, then there could be some sort of malware infecting Windows and/or your current browser. Download Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org); after installing it, select Perform full scan and click the Scan button.

One or the other or some combination of the above should resolve your problem. If not, you might need someone hands-on to figure out what's going on and solve it for you.

Colin Posted Image

Thank you Colin! Posted Image I think I managed to locate and eliminate the meanie virus with your advice! Hopefully naked Emma Watson sitting on a toilet seat won't pop out anytime soon Posted Image

Merry Christmas!

OMG Maria. Did you HAVE to. I think part of my brain has been seared away with the mere thought. I'm going to have to go look at pictures of Andrej to re set my fantasizing capacity. *shudder

Well, imagine my horror :P I just wanted to share the image XD

Thank you Colin! Posted Image I think I managed to locate and eliminate the meanie virus with your advice! Hopefully naked Emma Watson sitting on a toilet seat won't pop out anytime soon Posted Image

Merry Christmas!

You're welcome! I'm glad you were able to solve your virus problem. Now you can have a very Happy New Year.

Colin B)