American Idol

Y_B

I haven't watched this show in years but recently picked it up again so I thought I'd start a thread and see who else is with me.

Thoughts?

Here are mine

1) I was kinda bummed to see Reed Grimm getting voted off tonight. He's fun and brought something different to the crowd.

2) Erika Van Pelt was amazing! Huge stir in my pants tonight by her singing "Edge of Glory". I'm glad she's staying on.

3) Eben should come back after his balls have dropped.

4) Heejun Han....Give me a bucket, I need to throw up.

I haven't watched this show in years but recently picked it up again so I thought I'd start a thread and see who else is with me.

Thoughts?

Here are mine

1) I was kinda bummed to see Reed Grimm getting voted off tonight. He's fun and brought something different to the crowd.

I thought he was too over the top.

2) Erika Van Pelt was amazing! Huge stir in my pants tonight by her singing "Edge of Glory". I'm glad she's staying on.

Great voice, great choice for a judge's save.

3) Eben should come back after his balls have dropped.

Oh, I think they've dropped but he certainly could use some more time to mature.

4) Heejun Han....Give me a bucket, I need to throw up.

While I didn't think he would survive, someone must like him.

I'm surprised you did not mention D'Andre with his long tresses and his pout when he was sent back to the couch. In the singing for his life round, he did a good job singing "Georgia" and got a judge's save.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Dave. I agree. I figured Jessica, Joshua and Colton would be in the finals, but now that Colton is gone, I fiugred maybe Philip would replace him, but I was sure Hollie and Elise would be gone by now.

Elise has pretty solid voice and style, I like her quite and bit. I read an article about the whole Jessica/Hollie thing when Jessica got scooped that week and it talked about how people who watch the show started siding with Hollie because J was turning into the judges pet and nobody likes that and Hollie was getting beat on week after week. The thing about American Idol is that at this point of the show, most people prolly have their set fan base already, but of course nothing is a guarantee.

Posted Image ...........Actually Phillip keeps surprising me by going against the grain of the 'advisory' and delivering a great performance. If he feels he needs to adjust, which I think he will, he will make it into the finals.

Sounds like I should watch it again, stopped watching after Simon left for X Factor.

(Also as a footnote to Idol past, I thought David Archuleta was one of the cutest contestants ever on the show :D , too bad he's now a Mormon missionary :( )

Edited by W_L

Sounds like I should watch it again, stopped watching after Simon left for X Factor.

(Also as a footnote to Idol past, I thought David Archuleta was one of the cutest contestants ever on the show Posted Image , too bad he's now a Mormon missionary Posted Image )

Posted Image .................Really, he is on a missionary??? I wonder if Donnie did that back then (Osmond) Posted Image

Well Elise and Hollie were the bottom two tonight and Elise was the one to go. I think Hollie may be next, unless she pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

She's been pulling the rabbit out for like a month.

I'm convinced the shows (slightly) fixed.

Anyways, I think Philip may win it this year, not because I like him and not because I think he's really talented, but he clearly appeals the most to the main demographic of Idol watchers, which are 15 year old girls.

God this is an annoying year. I haven't watched a full season since 2007, and it's kinda disappointing to come back to this.

I think that Joshua was obviously the best singer this week. Both his performances were absolutely entertaining and a joy to hear. Like someone has said, I'd pay to see one of his concerts.

Y_B, I'm not sure what your problem is with the show, but I think this year has had the most talent of any so far. I think Joshua is the top too, with Jessica and Philip rounding out the top three.

I don't disagree it's a talented bunch this year but "most talent of any" is a bit of a far stretch. Different tastes for different people I s'pose. I don't really have a problem with the show lol I'm still watching it, which shows my interest. It's just that I don't particularly "like" the group this year, regardless of their talent. Something about everyone being teenagers makes it a little less entertaining.

Now about Jessica and Philip...this is annoying. I can't say I see them being anywhere near as spectacular as to match the amount of praise they've been getting. The judges have basically put em on pedestals and it really just ruins it a little, esp since I don't recall the judges showing this much favoritism towards anyone in the past from what I remember but then again Paula and Simon are gone.

I wouldn't dismiss Skylar either as there are a lot of country music fans out there.

As far as this year having the most talent of any so far, I would have to disagree. I do seem to remember that Daughtry came in fourth in a year with some amazing talent.

I don't watch it, don't know what channel it's on or when it it's on... nor do i especially care....lol if i wanted to see people sing i'd watch CMT or another music channel except they no longer hoast music Videos... :o

Skylar was eliminated last night. Phillip wasn't even in the bottom 2, despite his lackluster performances. The surprise has been Hollie who is always in the bottom 2 or 3 and yet manages to scrape by.

oh that was skylar singing the exit song ... wow she is so much a pro singer .... I hope someone picks her up for a contract

I think her brother was trying to give her help along the way of the competition

now as the line up narrows ... is it worth watching?? the show?

x-factor ... steered me to stop watching if my favs don't make it