Love Hurts

LilyS

Here's something I wrote a long time ago,just wanted to share it ,so I'll put it in its original version and the translation,feel free to add coms :)

"Ils étaient là,face à face de nouveau,les deux réunis dans la même pièce.Ils avaient été autre fois amants mais le destin les avait séparés. Dès le premier regard,ou plutôt les premières paroles et gestes tendres Ethan avait su que c'était lui qu'il voulait à ses côtés pour toujours.Et même si le temps avait passé et qu'il avait eu beaucoup d'amours aucun n'avait jamais remplacé celui dont le nom était désormais gravé dans son coeur telle une marque au fer rouge sur la peau douce d'une courtisanne.A chaque fois qu'il le voyait ,il revoyait leurs moments à eux,leur moments de solitudes , coupés du reste du monde par l'amour qu'ils se portaient mutuellement.Il regrettait chacune de ses fautes,de ne pas être à la hauteur de celui qu'il aimait plus que n'importe qui au monde; mais il regrettait encore plus de ne plus être dans les bras de celui qui le faisait rêver ,planer ,qui le rassurait et qui lui faisait voir le monde d'une autre manière.Son amour pour lui dévorait chaque parcelle de son être et la braise provoquée par celui ci réduisait en poussière chaque petite pièce de son coeur. Il savait qu'il ne l'aurait plus jamais et c'est ça qui le tuait à petit feu de l'intérieur. Après tout comment pouvait-il être heureux quand les autres le persuadaient qu'il allait bien alors qu'il regardait avec ses yeux brillants et de toute son impuissance,celui qu'il aimait être avec d'autres."

"And here they were again,face to face, both in the same place .They were lovers a long time ago ,but fate separated them.Since the first glance,or rather the first tender words and touches Ethan knowed it was him who he wanted by his side forever.ANd even if time had gone by and he had a lot of loves ,no one ever replaced the one which name was written in his heart .Whenever he saw him,he saw their moments ,the ones when they were alone far from the world ,separated from it by they love for eachother.He regretted every mistake he made and not being good enough for the one he loved.But he regretted much more not being in the arms of the one who made him dream,plane far beyond the clouds,who reasured him and made him see the world in a different way.His love for him consumed every part of his body and the fire of it turned his heart into dust, pieces by pieces.He knew he would never be his again ,it killed him little by little from the inside. After all how could he be happy when other people tried to convince him that he was okay ,when he was watching with his shining eyes and his weakness the one he loves being with other ones."

And yay,the ponctuation sucks >.<

Oooh you've tapped into two of my interests : grammar and translation!

I think the French version flows better, but a bit of polishing would enhance that sense of loss and longing in the English version too...

Lovely and romantic though :D

Is this part of a longer piece or is it a fragment as is?

Oooh you've tapped into two of my interests : grammar and translation!

I think the French version flows better, but a bit of polishing would enhance that sense of loss and longing in the English version too...

Lovely and romantic though Posted Image

Is this part of a longer piece or is it a fragment as is?

It's a fragment from a longer love story I wrote in french ,but this part's the best :)

And the English translation is really bad,but I'm not good at english so...Posted Image

LOL - i guess it's just different in English. Sentences aren't quite so long, sometimes, for example. Let me know if you want a hand, though! I'm missing french at the moment and would be happy to help where i can!