Assassin's Creed (series)

Dee

Since there is some discussion about the AC series and its upcoming third "major" installment, I thought I would make a new thread specifically for the franchise. Let's continue discussing the game here. :D

I think it's a great series. In the first game the whole Animus thing kinda threw me a bit since the only thing they advertised in the trailers and articles was the Altiar, middle ages story, but it really grew on me. I loved all of Ezio's games and he's probably in my top 15 game characters of all time. I'm glad he got a happy ending instead of the usual "Well, we're done with this character. Let's kill him off!" that a lot of games go with these days. Still, I'm looking forward to Conner, the new guy. Aside from his sexy name and awesome tomahawk, I can't wait to play during the American Revolution. Assassinating redcoats can't be even close to boring >:-D

• Site Administrator

I ditto what cyhort has said :)

I hope the hidden blade is still around. I wonder if we get to play with artillery in the third one too. (I love howitzers)

Agreed with you all, it will be fun. Heck, maybe, they'll combine the present and past together into two storyline games to really mess up your perception of reality (a game with a sudden animus jump without an animus after you solve a certain puzzle in the present to unlock the memories of the past).

W_L I'm pretty sure Connor has the hidden blade, plus the tomahawk and two pistols if I remember correctly. I'm not entirely sure what weapons he will have at any given time, but from this picture it looks like those three with the addition of a bow and arrows and a rifle. I know from a picture in my Game Informer that he did have the hidden blade, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if that's the case. I don't know why he wouldn't have it. That seemed to be the assassin's trademark weapon. I am insanely excited for its release October 30th of this year. It's not too far away! Only seven more months... D:

• 1 month later...

Awesome video!

Looks like trees might be climbable now, too. Plus, the fast moves of snatching muskets to bayonet your enemies is fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Does that make George Washington an Assassin? :o

Or are Assassins and Masons, synonymous?

This will be an epic game, can't wait.