Mass Effect 3 Romance: Kaiden vs. Cortez

gliese581

Kaiden! Kaiden! Kaiden! In fact I already chose him b^_^ Not that there's anything wrong with Cortez, but Kaiden has more history with Shepard (even if I did have to edit a save so he survived ME1 <_< ) and he's a lot hotter.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't anyone find the Kaiden Romance dialogues stilted and bizarre? It seems incredibly awkward, despite the inappropriately romantic music. I honestly wasn't sure I was actually romancing him until the very end of that date scene (or whatever it was) on the citadel. Even then, it almost didn't seem like Kaidan wanted to.

• Like 1

Completely agree with the above! I dont know if I missed content somewhere, but the entire thing just felt...hollow somehow. I love the ME series, but as far as romances go..Dragon age did it better (<3 Zevran).

But my Bromance with Garrus was epic (My name is Garrus Vikarian and this is my favorite spot on the citadel!)

=)

• Like 1

I guess I'm kind of a slut and went for the two of them in two different save games. But i guess my first was Kaiden. Well... both Kaidan and Cortez are cute, so that plays in favor of both of them. And yes, Kaidan has more story with Shepard like Cyhort stated. But... When I first tried to romance Kaiden, I didn't talk to Cortez much. Once I did in my second save, well, let's just say I didn't feel that sorry when he was killed by Udina. On the other hand, i almost cried of joy when I found out Cortez didn't die on the shuttle crash. So yeah, I've dated both of them, but I like Cortez de most.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in love with Cortez's history and I'm not going to lie, my heart skipped a beat when he said "husband". As I played through the game, I definitely developed a crush on Cortez and he was a loyal teammate. Talking to him felt real, but I'd known Kaiden for 3 games--we'd been in combat together. Sure he's a little weird, but since I lost Ashley, he's been the only constant in the game for me. So Kaiden wins for me.

I just realized that I may play too many video games and may have an unhealthy attachment to my characters...Posted Image

Kaiden.

Because there is a history between my Shepard and Kaiden since Mass Effect 1. I thought there was not enough history for my Shepard and Cortez to form such a close relationship.

Just my two cents.

The Phoenix