Is it weird that I'm proud of my state?

intune

There's something kind of cool about the fact that if I wanted to, I could adopt kids with my hypothetical partner and get a civil union without having to leave Delaware. Nice.

I was watching a small debate on my local news channel tonight between two Christians who interpret Christianity and the bible differently. The guy who was against gay marriage kept referring to the "will of God" and how it was absolute and that gay marriage is cheapens the institution of marriage that God had created, while the lady (who I think may have been a lesbian) countered his arguments by saying that the bible is open for interpretation and gay "marriage" has been happening since the beginning of time, it's just never been recognized. It was kinda amusing, neither really made much sense but it's always a hoot watching arguments over gay/gay marriage, because they're so subjective and backed up by personal bias and emotions

Ever been to Rotten Groton?? Posted Image

I've never been there. I had a friend who lived in New London though and he seemed to like it. haha what's so rotten about it?

As someone that's always imagined the US as a leader of the world, its quite an eye opener to see how many states in 2012 are still so opposed to homosexuality in almost every sense. Wow.

I wish one of the southern states bordering the gulf of mexico or the atlantic would become progressive and either adopt civil unions or gay marriage. I hate living where it is cold in the winter, although I must admit it wasn't cold this past year. I guess global warming will bring Texas-like weather to Missouri without me having to leave my home state.