Reviewing more than once

Lisa

So, I'm assuming GA doesn't let readers review a story more than once so they control the number of reviews/pages in the review section. I actually commented on a chapter of a story before reading it, so now I can't review it at all. Which really stinks. Because my comment wasn't on the chapter (I hadn't read it yet). Now I can't review.

Is there any way to get around this? I already checked the "all reviews" and the "story reviews" sections, and I couldn't review there either.

• Site Administrator

You can only review a chapter once, yes, but you can review EACH chapter. You can also only do one story review as well. There is an author forum for authors to create discussion topics if they wish to give their readers a place to further discuss their stories in more depth. You are always able to send comments to an author using the 'send me a message' button on their profile too. If they don't have a story discussion topic, ask them to start one or if they mind if you start one. The review area really isn't meant to be a place to comment to the author, other than on the specific content of the chapter. We have many options for readers to interact with the author outside of the reviews which is why we have it set up that way.

Well apparently I used up all my "All Reviews" and "Story Reviews" options and I had reviewed each chapter after I read it. It just happened that the story was just posted awhile ago and I went into the review to comment how I was glad it was posted, etc.., then I went back to read it. Of course then I couldn't review again. This system sucks. Pardon my French. There are other sites where you can review more than once.

Anyway, I sent the author a private message with my review, so that'll have to do.

Thanks for writing back though. :)

• Like 1

You can only review a chapter once, yes, but you can review EACH chapter. You can also only do one story review as well. There is an author forum for authors to create discussion topics if they wish to give their readers a place to further discuss their stories in more depth. You are always able to send comments to an author using the 'send me a message' button on their profile too. If they don't have a story discussion topic, ask them to start one or if they mind if you start one. The review area really isn't meant to be a place to comment to the author, other than on the specific content of the chapter. We have many options for readers to interact with the author outside of the reviews which is why we have it set up that way.

Hey Cia, thanks for writing! Yeah, I used up all my "All Reviews" and "Story Reviews" AND I commented after each chapter! So I used up all my lifelines it seems. I did write to the author and left a review their in his instant message box.

But thanks for letting me know. I'll remember this for the next time I want to comment on an author posting (he was over a week late, after all. lol) before I read the chapter. =)

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

No problem. Number of reviews that could be left was one of the things we looked at when GA Stories was designed. I've seen other sites that allow for more than one review per chapter as well, and unfortunately the few sometimes ruin it for the many. I've observed reviews on stories becoming a place for authors/fans/flamers to get into arguments and meander away from the actual story and it is easier to moderate that outside of the review system. Also, one of the many ways you can search for stories is by the reviews they receive. Obviously, the idea is that the more reviews, the better a story is, for the most part. Allowing only 1 review per reader per chapter, plus the story review, keeps that 'honest'.