Since GA is good enough to let us 'post' the story in my forum, I figured I'd start a story discussion thread for those who've bought and read the book. If you reveal plot lines, please use spoilers in case someone stumbles across this and hasn't read the book yet.

Anyta is going to be responding as much or maybe more than I will so you can direct comments to either of us here.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

This has been here nearly a month without comment. Let me be the first to say that the book is wonderful! A bit of drama, a bit of romance, a bit of the super natural, and a whole lot of talent and craftsmanship. You are both to be congratulated on a work well done! Is there a sequel in the works yet?

• Like 1

Thanks GeR, glad to hear you liked it. I don't really see a sequel, we're both working on other projects and this was meant to be a stand alone. If anything there would be a 'like' kinda book, but there is nothing in the works on that for now.

Thanks for being the first to comment. :)

Andy

I won't disagree with GeR's review but I found the story to be more. The hero Jay is conflicted with feelings of inadaquacies, human failings and unworthiness. The victim, Lethe is both a victim and at times unwilling predator. The best friend, called affectionately Gristle, is encouragingly optimistic toward Jay but filled with his own internal demons. In addition to all that, there is a real villain that is set back but never banished.

The story requires some patience and thought, both which can be sometimes horribly unnerving as the story progresses. Ultimately however, after the purgatory called life happens, our characters do have their moment of redemption and have a happy ending.

It is well worth your time and treasure and I recommend it wholeheartedly, especially for readers who can take the turmoil and hopelessness encountered before the final joy of the happy ending.

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 2

Dave,

Today was your birthday, you weren't supposed to be giving out gifts, you were supposed to get them :P

Thanks for the review. Yes it was meant to be more of a roller coaster than some books and it was also meant to show a more human, real side of our characters. I'm glad you picked up on what we tried to do. You're right it is not a sugary, sweet story that you'd pick up for a bit of light, reading. But I think you captured it pretty darn well. So thanks for reading and for recommending it.

Andy

• Like 1

I cannot disagree with Dave on his analysis. I thought the "curse" was an interesting statements on people as well. Clearly we see what we want to see in others, and oftentimes that is not a correct view of the person or the world. Lethe was also drawn into that trap as well at time, letting others see him as they wanted to perceive him, but not opening the real Lethe to others. If I were a deep thinker, I would acknowledge the symbolism of our world and even ourselves in the lives, curses and events of these characters. Thanks Andy and Anyta for making us think.

• Like 2

And sometimes keeps us from the truth. Truth about others and truth about ourselves. And I must agree our country is so politically polarized that we are nearing a point of no common ground, which seems to me to be grounded in only a few issues. Thanks.

• Like 2

Dave, GeR

Thank you both for all the support. There is always a bit of symbolism in any story someone writes. The inspiration for the idea has to come from somewhere after all. I don't think that consciously I do a lot of deliberate symbolism. I just write it as I 'see' it. Of course that is totally influenced by my world view so what can I say. 0:)

We both appreciate the support.

Andy

I LOVED this book!! It was so amazingly original. With the hundreds of books out there taking the same concept and just altering it (ex: vampires or the like) a new concept was so refreashing.

I also loved the people in it. They were so relatable. They felt things that I could imagine feeling in that situation. It made me contemplate for hours about what I would do if I were in their shoes. If I were in that situation, who would I see in the mask?

I thought about this book well after reading it, which is a sign of something very well written :-)

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...