Fitted Sheets

Hey everyone!

So I like to try to be able to take care of all the normal everyday stuff around the house. Whether it's changing a sink, or cooking a five course meal; it bugs me if I can't do it and "most/many people can". So anyway I realized tonight that there's a gap the size of a fitted sheet standing between me and self-reliance. Actually I knew about it all along, but usually I just get frustrated, force it into an ugly, sloppy fold and promise I'll ask someone to teach me how before the next time I have to do it. So tonight I'm seizing the moment......getting to the point:

Could someone please tell me how to properly fold a fitted sheet?

Thanks and have an awesome day everyone,

Kevin

Okay, lemme see if I can explain this so you will understand...

If you put your fingertips in side the corners on one side of the sheet... on the outside of the sheet (the part you lay on) so it looks almost inside out... then you put your fingertips together and flip the one side over the other so the corners are... spooning :P then you do that to the other two corners as well and then you should pretty much have a square sheet to fold... I hope that this makes sense :wacko:

Good Luck, Viv

Let's see when I have to fold my own sheets, unless I really care or I'm having guests it's less than pleasing to look at.

If I'm preparing the sheets for a guest:

I usually fold them in half and roll it nicely, maybe tie it with something if I'm in the mood.

If it's for me and I have to:

It's usually in the closet by this time hidden behind the towels.

Or I fold it in half over and over again, keep the nice side out and cover it with the other sheets my mom folded.

Or plan C, I put all the fitted sheets on my bed ahead of time that way, I don't have to change sheets again for a month or so (except the top ones).

Then again, I'm a slob of a teenager and you shouldn't be listening to me anyways. :D

--Greg.

If you put your fingertips in side the corners on one side of the sheet... on the outside of the sheet (the part you lay on) so it looks almost inside out... then you put your fingertips together and flip the one side over the other so the corners are... spooning :P then you do that to the other two corners as well (then spoon all four corners together ) and then you should pretty much have a square sheet to fold... I hope that this makes sense :wacko:

Good Luck, Viv

I fold them this same way, although I added an extra step to Viv's directions. It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :D

Sharon

My first thought was "how many ways could there possibly be to fold a sheet?"

Then I went and tried it.

:,( <-me crying

Ah, better I find out now than later. I only have two rotating sets, so one is always in the laundry or on my bed, I never ran into the problem before...haha

db

Kevin, you've just encountered one of life's big lessons:

you've got to know when to hold 'em

know when to fold 'em

know when to walk away

and when to run

:P

Kitty :)

LOLOL Kitty!

If you put your fingertips in side the corners on one side of the sheet... on the outside of the sheet (the part you lay on) so it looks almost inside out... then you put your fingertips together and flip the one side over the other so the corners are... spooning :P then you do that to the other two corners as well and then you should pretty much have a square sheet to fold... I hope that this makes sense :wacko:

Good Luck, Viv

I fold them this same way, although I added an extra step to Viv's directions. It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :D

Sharon

Thanks so much Viv and Sharon! I did it! LOL then I went back and refolded the other ones. Woo Hoo :2thumbs:

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Just to add a bit to the discussion I figured out how to fold them at a young age (actually I saw it as more of a topolology problem, but I'm a geek). I basically did it just like Viv said (of course), a few years ago, I was watching Marths Stewart (to annoy my wife) and she taught us how to do it the right (her) way. Needless to say I got a big grin on my face because Martha said I (and Viv) did something right. So now ya know that you have learned the 'correct' way.

Oh and greg_jr. I don't even want to know what is on those sheets after a month :blink:

:king: Snow Dog

The easest option is only buy flat sheets !!!

But then when you roll around and move it moves too....that would get annoying fast. :thumbdown: lol

I agree with Rocky. I buy'm one size up and use hospital corners(old army habit). They seem to stay put just fine. :D

Guest fayevalentine
I still say ball it up and cram it in the closet....

I agree, that's what I do...

How to fold a fitted sheet? Roll it into a ball and throw it in the cupboard, best not tackle the mysteries of the fitted sheet....or just get one of those highly useful things called a mother to do it, they have mastered such mysteries quite well I find.

Yes mothers are very useful. Although mine tends to lose my socks now and then... anyone know where I can get her a tune-up?

Yes, sit her down in front of the tv while Martha Stewart is on :P

She might even get some great investment tips at the same time :P

Edited by vision
Yes, sit her down in front of the tv while Martha Stewart is on :P

She might even get some great investment tips at the same time :P

Holy crap, Martha Stewart is on Sirius now, so a friend of mine (evil bitch) told me to change my stereo to channel 112 (which is Stewart) and wouldn't tell me what the channel was. Until she said it was Martha Stewart I honestly though it was a lesbian channel! But that might be due to the fact that we had just listened to the LGBT channel, which is 106..... damn. Just for that I turned it back to Howard Stern (they were replaying the morning show) and left it there, since she hates Howard Stern (friggin conservatives).