Titanic II : Really Going to be Built!

W_L

• 6 months later...

yeah 2016 coming soon!!

130918_Titanic_Model_Test_Hamburg.2.jpg

TITANIC II MODEL TEST HELD IN GERMANY

Welcome Aboard Titanic II,

Blue Star Line Chairman Clive Palmer recently announced that Blue Star Line in conjunction with German hydrodynamic service and consulting group the Hamburg Ship Model Basin (HSVA) has conducted the first model testing of the proposed Titanic II in Germany.

Mr Palmer said in what was HSVA’s 5000th model test in the company’s centenary year, a 9.3m wooden model of Titanic II was put through propulsion and power testing in a 300m long tank at HSVA’s Hamburg facilities over four days from September 9-12.

Titanic II is scheduled to be launched from its construction base in China in 2016, before her maiden passenger voyage retracing its original journey from Southampton to New York.

I don't get why he's got to build an exact replica and sail the exact route. I dunno but that kind of smacks of bad taste. Talk about rubbing it in!

It's being made for the same reason they create bad movie remakes and bad sequels - If something gets attention the first time, well let's make another one - no originality.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't get why he's got to build an exact replica and sail the exact route. I dunno but that kind of smacks of bad taste. Talk about rubbing it in!

Yeah, it does seem to be in bad taste somehow.  

• Like 1

naaa its chinese steel just a little bit better for a couple of trips 

question is palmer providing the iron ore?

I just hope they use the proper grade of steel this time.  :facepalm: