2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Anime?

Celethiel

My friend has a thing for Harem Anime.... And It's driving me nutters...

For those who don't know what that is, A harem anime is where A boy (sometimes a flaming perv) ends up with a large number of girls obsessed with him.

There is very little in the way of plot half the time @_@ It has a semblence of one.... though not usually not a very good one... almost wrote girl there instead of good @_@ *sigh*

It wouldn't bother me if there was more of a plot or more complex relationship situation... I mean girls fauning over you.... not one... but six or more usually... gets kind of old after the fifth anime....

...especially in a row...

-_- if I HAVE to see a Harem anime why can't it about a gay harem... :o or have some gay haremishness in it :(

Anime Anime! gay anime where can I find some... :(

or gay harem anime would be funny too :evil:

Try to settle for a medium between Gay and Hetero Anime :D

What are you both into? I can suggest a few animes for you.

There's honestly a fair bit of gay anime/manga out there... There's a certain couple search tags or three that you could pop into google along with the word "anime" and find exactly what you're looking for. >_>

Just be careful you don't end up with certain Dōjinshi that will forever change your views of certain character relationships :P

I am re-watching Descendants of Darkness for instance, but there has been a lot of good ones over the years.

How about Elfen Lied?

Haha! Kidding... No, don't watch that.

The anime God! Save The King was a pretty quirky anime. It's not entirely gay anime but the concept of free love was very entertaining. Especially if the King asks you out on a duel, which means he just proposed to you, to anyone irregardless of gender states and the king wins . . . then you're bound to marry him.

It's a very entertaining idea.

How about Elfen Lied?

Haha! Kidding... No, don't watch that.

The anime God! Save The King was a pretty quirky anime. It's not entirely gay anime but the concept of free love was very entertaining. Especially if the King asks you out on a duel, which means he just proposed to you, to anyone irregardless of gender states and the king wins . . . then you're bound to marry him.

It's a very entertaining idea.

I've watched the entire series, kyo kara maoh in japanese. Good show and lots of subtle humor. The two guys actually adopt a daughter (If that is not gay subtext, I don't know what is).

It's not really Shonen-ai or Yaoi, but the story is pretty good for a fantasy storyline. I advise watching the original Japanese with English subs as it extends beyond season 2.

Oh, I almost forgot 07-ghosts is really funny and interesting too.

Mikage and Teito's relationship is so cute and sad. (When Mikage dies, I couldn't help but cry :( Seriously watch it )

One more and I promise I am done:

Sekai-ichii Hatsukoi

It is the most romantic gay love story that I have ever seen about two guys that have loved each other for 10 years, but due to misunderstanding broke up in high school, only to fall in love again. The setting is in a publishing company (hint hint metaphysics alert :P ). There's something about unrequited love that just makes my heart jump a few steps faster :D

Edited by W_L

lets see: Seen Claymore... kind of a sad anime (friend borrowed it from his friend so we could watch it though we didn't get to see all of it, should have bought it...)

Never seen full metal panic, heard of it never seen it...

Vision of Escaflowne: Is that the Series or the Movie... the series... is kind of... er what the word... goey and kind of boring... movie I liked... don't have it but I like it (own the series couldn't finish it)

Loved Trinity blood, another kind of sad ending anime

Vampire Knight I kind of want...

Seki-ichii Hatsukoi never seen unless if its descendants of Darkness which is kind of er... interesting yeah thats a good word for that...

I shared an episode on my blog Cel :D Seki-ichii Hatsukoi is not Descendants of Darkness, it is relatively new and I am so in love with storylines. Yes, I am a gay romantic fangirl beneath my conservative exterior (Squeels)

I really like the shows two seasons.

• Like 1

I second Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. Very good boy's love anime. It's been subbed by aarinfantasy. It's a spin-off of another series called Junjou Romantica, also subbed by aarinfantasy. They overlap occasionally. Both are great. Another very cute one is Gravitation.

For the slightly more explicit, Winter Cicadas is great. Historical setting. Yaoi. Ai no Kusabi is also good, and the remake of the same is even better, but it's an OVA and only four episodes have been released.

As for non-gay anime, if it's at all interesting to you: Beck Mongolian Chop Squad is a coming of age story about a young boy who starts to play the guitar and joins a band and is one of the best anime I've seen in a long time. The English dub is better than the original Japanese.

Soul Eater is a bizarre, hilarious and oddly intelligent anime about death gods and weapons who turn into people and eat souls.

Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade is equally bizarre and wacky and very nerdy, full of references to games, films and fandoms, so if you're into that you'll enjoy it.

Cowboy Bebop is about outer space bounty hunters. Colonies on Mars, Venus, Jupiter's moons... Fun characters, intelligent stories.

Planetes, very good science fiction. Slightly political. Very clever.

Haibane Renmei is about people who are somehow reborn as a sort of angel-looking creatures and no one knows where they come from but they all live in this town that's closed off from the world around them. Slightly strange, very beautiful. Entirely devoid of romance.

Now & Then, Here & There is a post apocalyptic science fiction about child soldiers and just a little bit of magic. Grim and dark, very good.

Serial Experiments Lain is about computers and a virtual world inside them and people committing suicide to become part of the net forever. Dark, grim, very freaky, total mind-fvck.

Oh, and Hellsing. Because vampires. Both the original and Ultimate Hellsing are quite good.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

I second Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. Very good boy's love anime. It's been subbed by aarinfantasy. It's a spin-off of another series called Junjou Romantica, also subbed by aarinfantasy. They overlap occasionally. Both are great. Another very cute one is Gravitation.

For the slightly more explicit, Winter Cicadas is great. Historical setting. Yaoi. Ai no Kusabi is also good, and the remake of the same is even better, but it's an OVA and only four episodes have been released.

As for non-gay anime, if it's at all interesting to you: Beck Mongolian Chop Squad is a coming of age story about a young boy who starts to play the guitar and joins a band and is one of the best anime I've seen in a long time. The English dub is better than the original Japanese.

Soul Eater is a bizarre, hilarious and oddly intelligent anime about death gods and weapons who turn into people and eat souls.

Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade is equally bizarre and wacky and very nerdy, full of references to games, films and fandoms, so if you're into that you'll enjoy it.

Cowboy Bebop is about outer space bounty hunters. Colonies on Mars, Venus, Jupiter's moons... Fun characters, intelligent stories.

Planetes, very good science fiction. Slightly political. Very clever.

Haibane Renmei is about people who are somehow reborn as a sort of angel-looking creatures and no one knows where they come from but they all live in this town that's closed off from the world around them. Slightly strange, very beautiful. Entirely devoid of romance.

Now & Then, Here & There is a post apocalyptic science fiction about child soldiers and just a little bit of magic. Grim and dark, very good.

Serial Experiments Lain is about computers and a virtual world inside them and people committing suicide to become part of the net forever. Dark, grim, very freaky, total mind-fvck.

Oh, and Hellsing. Because vampires. Both the original and Ultimate Hellsing are quite good.

You named this pup's favorite Anime :D

Time for some puppy kisses :o  :lugh:  :lugh:  :kiss: