Congratulations!

Zombie

Zombie, could you try posting that picture again?

Could be a browser issue Mike - I find many images don't display for me too but it loaded OK and Sasha [above] could see it. Here's another source from CBS - same pic but uncropped widthwise :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57586653/gay-couple-says-oui-in-frances-first-same-sex-wedding/

Edited by Zombie

Just had a fight with our registrar about this. Legal wording the in UK still says that at my own fucking wedding i have to hear the words "marriage is an agreement between one man and one woman"

Anyone knows me well knows i am Chaotic Gender Neutral. I don't really want to have either of those labels. not on MY own bloody wedding day.

Also, I showed this photo to several of the kids at school, who all went "awwwww!"

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 1

• Site Administrator

Really? See, we had a pastor do our wedding, simply because he was a friend of my husband's family who agreed to perform the hubby's ceremony back when my guy was just a teen. That sort of thing wasn't an issue, of course, but I did take offense at the word 'obey' being in my ceremony so I asked him to take it out. Is there any reason you can't ask your officiant to use specific wording, or not to use it?

Really? See, we had a pastor do our wedding, simply because he was a friend of my husband's family who agreed to perform the hubby's ceremony back when my guy was just a teen. That sort of thing wasn't an issue, of course, but I did take offense at the word 'obey' being in my ceremony so I asked him to take it out. Is there any reason you can't ask your officiant to use specific wording, or not to use it?

They say it's the legal wording and they won't change it for love, money or threats. we are writing our own vows though!

Aww, that's so cute!

Monsieurs et Madames, Votre amour restera forte