I started writing my story Knots during November a couple years back by participating in the National Novel Writing Month.  NanoWriMo.  The goal is to write 50,000 words in a month.  I've now done it four times.  Knots was the story of two 9th graders who were best friends.  The idea was to talk about the knots they tie in their lives.

The odd thing is, they did tie knots, but the knots were not the ones I envisioned when I started.  It didn't start out as a story about two gay boys, and in some ways, isn't.  I kept wondering if there was a place for it in the regular young adult market because it dealt with young adult sex.  So I took the story and began posting it here.  I've been editing and revising as I go. 

The approach to the story is different because I wanted to be different.  You'll have to read it to see if I succeeded.