12 Unwritten Social Rules

Zombie

The interweb's getting clogged with stuff telling us how to behave. Time was kids were "brought up" and people had "common sense". Now we've got Youtube vids on social etiquette. This one instructs us never to sidle up to other guys in men's toilets ... damn, must curb that habit ... and to get your money / card ready in supermarket queues BEFORE the checkout guy asks for payment, instead of doing what 99.999999% of shoppers do - which is to look all surprised that they're suddenly and quite unreasonably being asked to pay for that creaking trolley load of stuff and ONLY THEN groping for their handbag and slowly rummaging through its mysterious contents for the means to pay ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_266477395&feature=iv&src_vid=5HiZSVtDHzs&v=ORR_o4CONpY

• Like 1

If you're at the cash register, PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE.

If the light turns green, PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE.

FEEL FREE TO MERGE EARLY.

If you're with friends at dinner and your phone rings, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER IT.

If you're at grandmas and you feel the need to text all your friends (and your cousin over there on the other couch in the same room) while people are talking all around you, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Having a good workout at the gym? Good, thats healthy. NOW WIPE OFF THAT WEIGHT MACHINE.

• Like 5

Excuse me, but where are the parents if we need Youtube to teach kids common courtesy and being respectful? 

i now have to do this as part of my job. there are some awesome parents *bows to Cia* and there a lot of really crap ones...

i now have to do this as part of my job. there are some awesome parents *bows to Cia* and there a lot of really crap ones...

When i was working at the school some of the parents barely had time with the little ones. One 5 yr old was dropped off and had breakfast with me and was picked up at 6. ( latest pick up time)  Mom and dad barely had time to feed the little one before he passed out for the night.  

When i was working at the school some of the parents barely had time with the little ones. One 5 yr old was dropped off and had breakfast with me and was picked up at 6. ( latest pick up time)  Mom and dad barely had time to feed the little one before he passed out for the night.  

years of therapy later...

Yeah, I've had some of those working in kindergartens over the years... First to get there in the mornings, last to be picked up at night, and the parents wouldn't even let the kid nap during the day because then he'd be up so late. If you don't wanna spend time with your child, don't have children!