NFL 2013

TetRefine

Well, the greatest and most exciting season of all world sports kicked off Thursday, so I figured I'd start a thread to discuss it as the drama unfolds.

So far in Week 1….

-Peyton and the Broncos stomp Baltimore to open up the season.

-The Steelers offense was solidly horrible against a (at best) mediocre Tennessee team.

-God decided to give Jets fans a little early season hope by letting them squeak out a win against Tampa Bay. But I don't think anyone expects it to last with Fat Rex at the helm.

-The Patriots barely got past one of the worst teams in Buffalo. Could all the off-field drama with Aaron Hernandez's murder trial be affecting the model franchise of the past 12 years? 

Also, I find it funny how Obama postponed his Syria speech to Tuesday because it would have interfered with the first Monday Night Football games.  :P

Edited by TetRefine

• 2 weeks later...

Facts for Football Fans:

facts_for_football_fans_640_01.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_02.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_03.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_04.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_05.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_07.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_09.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_10.jpg

facts_for_football_fans_640_11.jpg

Edited by MikeL

Week 2

The Mylanta Falcons are 1-1 and not looking good.

The Steelers are 0-2 and lost to the Bengals. Hell is freezing over.

The Brown Stains have already given up and traded away their best running back hoping for a second first round pick to pair up with their #1 overall.

Jacksonville is valiantly fighting the Browns for that #1 pick overall.

There are signs of life in Kansas City. Alex Smith is looking pretty darned good.

The Patriots look awful but are still winning.

The Saints are winning their close ones and playing better defense than they did all of last year.

The Cowgirls are inconsistent again. HUGE surprise.

The Bears are good as long as Cutler is healthy.

The Giants are 0-2 and sinking fast.

Seattle is looking large in the West.

Frisco is not as dominate as they were last year... so far.

The Cheese-Heads bounced back and throttled the very mortal looking Washington Dead-skins.

At this point, 8 teams are undefeated. 15 teams are 1-1. 8 teams are 0-2.  KC and the Eagles have already played.

Rex Ryan is still employed.

Edited by jamessavik

I'm so disappointed in the Falcons so far. 

Denver's looking good and I think Peyton would like to add the 2013-14 Super Bowl ring to his collection.  I think he feels he needs it to up his standing on the All-time QB list. 

More Facts for Football Fans:

facts_for_football_fans_640_16.jpg

This one is rather misleading.  The NFL, at the league level, is a non-profit because all profits go to the teams.  Each team is a unique legal entity, and taxes on profits are paid on the team level instead of the league level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to say it, but I think Brady should seek a trial separation at least during football season :o

I kid you not, my theory for his bad passing is the "curse" of Gisele. :P He's never been the same, since he's been with her: throwing away a perfect season, losing to the Giants twice in Superbowls (Including the same infamous perfect season), and now the Jets :(

• 1 month later...

After a rough start, how many turnovers were there? Too many. The Lions looked pretty good. First Turkey Day win in 10 years. If they can stay healthy, might even have a chance at winning division and can hope maybe more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo...who's watching the Snow Bowl in Philly today? :)

6 inches on the ground there already and it's still coming down... :o

EDIT: Dammit, Lions...  :/

Edited by MJ85

• Site Moderator

I didn't watch the start of the game but when I did turn to it, I thought Holy shit! The snow wasn't to start until around half time of the game and be a light snow, not start a hour before the game and dump 8 inches on the city.