A Ghostbuster dies at age 69

hh5

Ramis went to my alma mater, Washington University (here in St. Louis), for his undergrad years, and was a Beta.  He was there a long tie before I was though.  :P The Betas were always known as a rowdy, loutish bunch of guys, and Ramis used his experiences there to help draft the movie Animal House. 

Some of the Betas in my day were pretty cute.  Even hooked up with one (or two).  :o

Edited by Mark Arbour

obamas honor him n the famous viral photo

Michelle and I were saddened to hear of the passing of Harold Ramis, one of America’s greatest satirists, and like so many other comedic geniuses, a proud product of Chicago’s Second City. When we watched his movies – from “Animal House” and “Caddyshack” to “Ghostbusters” and “Groundhog Day” – we didn’t just laugh until it hurt. We questioned authority. We identified with the outsider. We rooted for the underdog. And through it all, we never lost our faith in happy endings. Our thoughts and prayers are with Harold’s wife, Erica, his children and grandchildren, and all those who loved him, who quote his work with abandon, and who hope that he received total consciousness.

JUD62CHl.jpg

Edited by hh5
  • Like 1

That was a beautiful speech. I was also saddened to hear about Harold Ramis. I saw so many of his movies and he never failed to make me laugh. RIP Mr. Ramis.

Edited by Lisa