Ashes Of Fate By Cynus

[sharedmedia=stories:stories:4970]

Hello, everyone. :) I'm starting this forum topic because I know that there's a lot of information in Ashes of Fate and it may be difficult to keep things straight. I figured creating a forum topic preempting questions would be a good idea, so here it is. Let me know if you have any questions about the world of Ashes of Fate, or the mechanics for my characters and the lore behind them. 

Also, I'll note for any authors out there that this world of mine is open for expansion. If you like it and want to play in my world I fully support you and will be happy to answer any "behind the scenes" questions for someone who likes my setting and wants to write in it. Thank you for reading! Please, if you follow the story, don't forget to like and review!

Peace

• Like 2

"Ashes of Fate" was the first story that I read, and it was what lead me to read "Rumors of War" and the "Logan and Seth Series". Then on to "The Navigator" and now "Return With Honor".  Of course I have been reading them on that other site and it is the first place I go when I start browsing on Wednesday's. Never been much of a fan of short stories.

I was unaware that any had been posted here on GA.

I guess as I've aged I've become a creature of routine. HaHa!

Oh well... in any case know that I enjoy your writing and have not been disappointed yet.

Take care. 

• Like 1

"Ashes of Fate" was the first story that I read, and it was what lead me to read "Rumors of War" and the "Logan and Seth Series". Then on to "The Navigator" and now "Return With Honor".  Of course I have been reading them on that other site and it is the first place I go when I start browsing on Wednesday's. Never been much of a fan of short stories.

I was unaware that any had been posted here on GA.

I guess as I've aged I've become a creature of routine. HaHa!

Oh well... in any case know that I enjoy your writing and have not been disappointed yet.

Take care. 

Thank you, Tomas. :)

I'm glad you found Ashes of Fate enjoyable enough to pursue my other stories. I only started posting it here at GA today, so you didn't miss much. :)

I started posting it here in anticipation of releasing season 3 at AwesomeDude next month, and I think its about time I started catching the story up here. 

• Like 1

It's a good story, a little rough at first, but not too difficult to read through.

I like fantasy stories, because it keeps things interesting and unpredictable. I like Science Fiction, because it deals with human condition and fun potential futures. Science fantasy, which this story represents, is a nice hybrid of the two genres if done right.

• Like 2

It's a good story, a little rough at first, but not too difficult to read through.

I like fantasy stories, because it keeps things interesting and unpredictable. I like Science Fiction, because it deals with human condition and fun potential futures. Science fantasy, which this story represents, is a nice hybrid of the two genres if done right.

Science fantasy is my favorite type of story to write. Unfortunately I was naive and cocky when I wrote Ashes of Fate and thought I could get by without an editor. Ricky was kind enough to beta read it for me, but I really needed a full-fledged editor to break it down and show me where it was weak and what I could have done differently.

I know so much more now, and maybe some day I'll go back and do a full rewrite to smooth it out, but it's good enough as is that I didn't have a problem posting it. I hope it's still enjoyable. :D

Edited by Cynus
  • Like 1

Science fantasy is my favorite story to write in. Unfortunately I was naive and cocky when I wrote Ashes of Fate and thought I could get by without an editor. Ricky was kind enough to beta read it for me, but I really needed a full-fledged editor to break it down and show me where it was weak and what I could have done differently.

I know so much more now, and maybe some day I'll go back and do a full rewrite to smooth it out, but it's good enough as is that I didn't have a problem posting it. I hope it's still enjoyable. :D

Very enjoyable, a lot of my early stuff wasn't even half that good :D

• Like 1

Very enjoyable, a lot of my early stuff wasn't even half that good :D

You keep being a good puppy with all that flattery and I may give you a sneak peak of the really good work I've been saving for publication. :)

Science Fiction and Fantasy are one of my favorite genres, sadly it's been a while since I read such stories or books :/ Cynus, I plan to read and comment on Ashes of Fate, plus your other sci-fi and fantasy stories (such as Rumors of War) :D

Rumors of War was the first novel I ever completed, and boy does it have its flaws. I do love it though. It has a special place in my heart, since it's my first. I've definitely come a long way since then, though.

Really enjoying the story so far. It's the first of your work that I've read and i am impressed. I look forward to reading more.

I look forward to what you think of the rest of it. :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello, everyone. :) I'm starting this forum topic because I know that there's a lot of information in Ashes of Fate and it may be difficult to keep things straight. I figured creating a forum topic preempting questions would be a good idea, so here it is. Let me know if you have any questions about the world of Ashes of Fate, or the mechanics for my characters and the lore behind them.

Also, I'll note for any authors out there that this world of mine is open for expansion. If you like it and want to play in my world I fully support you and will be happy to answer any "behind the scenes" questions for someone who likes my setting and wants to write in it. Thank you for reading! Please, if you follow the story, don't forget to like and review!

Peace

I think I have already read some of the chapters but forgot review those. And have to read some of the new chapters as well. For the matter to say I was presently have a small portion of time and I am hardly trying to read 'COTT'. Reviews I'll be write down in a note and post them when I was online.

So the same thing goes for your story too. I'll read first, note down the reviews next and finally will post them when I was online. For frank to say I already liked your story and wish to continue reading more...

Love You...

~MGK

• Like 1

I think I have already read some of the chapters but forgot review those. And have to read some of the new chapters as well. For the matter to say I was presently have a small portion of time and I am hardly trying to read 'COTT'. Reviews I'll be write down in a note and post them when I was online.

So the same thing goes for your story too. I'll read first, note down the reviews next and finally will post them when I was online. For frank to say I already liked your story and wish to continue reading more...

Love You...

~MGK

Thanks, MGK. I appreciate that, and look forward to your reviews once you get a chance to post them. :)

I'm going to say this now, something I probably should have said at the beginning of the story, but Ashes of Fate is not for the faint of heart. There is violence, there is death, and there is heartbreak. There are good things, too, but this story does take place during a war, and sometimes the good guys lose.