Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines Music Playlist

There was this Teens React video where they reacted to 90's music, and it made me think about the mid/late 90's music scene. I decided it might be fun to revisit Bloodlines' music selections, which I had a blast doing. Enjoy!

Bloodlines Playlist

1.) "Hero" by Foo Fighters

When we meet Matt Carrswold, high school hockey jock living in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Chapter 1.

2.) "The Impression That I Get" by The Mighty Might Bosstones

When Matt learns that he needs a kidney transplant, and that he's adopted. Chapter 2.

3.) "Molly" by Sponge

When Matt ruminates over his fall from Mr. Popular Jock Boy. Chapter 3.

4.) "Dammit" by Blink 182

When Matt calls out his friends for abandoning him. Chapter 3.

5.) "I Could Never Be Your Woman" by White Town

When Cam and Matt have sex in the elevator at prom. Chapter 3.

6.) "Time Of Your Life" by Green Day

When University School's class of 1998 graduates. Chapter 3.

7.) "Sixth Avenue Heartache" by The Wallflowers

When Matt meets his birthmother, Laura Mercer, and learns about his biological father, Robbie Hayes.

8.) "Wannabee" by Spice Girls

When Matt unwittingly has sex again with his "grandparents" in St. Louis. Chapter 5.

9.) "Kind and Generous" by Natalie Merchant

When Matt meets Robbie Hayes, and realized this he essentially fucked his grandparents. Chapter 6.

10.) "Summertime" by Sublime

When Matt gets to know his new California family. Chapter 7.

11.) "Got You Where I Want You" by the Flys

When Matt and Cody talk after having sex, and Matt tells him that they can't bareback because he had barebacked with a cop who blackmailed him for sex. Chapter 7.

12.) "It Takes A Little Time" by Amy Grant

When Matt and Robbie walk by the ocean, and talk about how they want to build a relationship together, and Robbie tells him how difficult it was to get his happy ending with Brad. Chapter 7.

13.) "Block Rocking Beats" by The Chemical Brothers

When Matt watches Brad and Will's surfing in action. Chapter 10.

14.) "Number 1 Crush" by Garbage

When Matt engages in a threesome with Cody and Alejandro.

15.) "Rockefeller Skank" by Fatboy Slim

When Matt takes his newfound little brothers to the skating rink. Chapter 11.

16.) "Take On Me" by Reel Big Fish

When Matt encourages JJ to take up skating. Chapter 11.

17.) "How Bizarre" by OMC

When Matt says goodbye to everybody in Malibu, and drives up to Palo Alto. Chapter 14.

18.) "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth with Money In My Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods

When Matt and Cody talk on the phone about all the drama that Brian is causing. Chapter 15.

19.) "Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai

When Matt and Stefan invest in some new internet search engine called Google. Chapter 16.

20.) "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Party time at Escorial, which includes middle-aged Brad and Ace learning how to play Beer Pong, and Matt hooking up with Konrad. Chapter 16.

21.) "Everybody" by The Backstreet Boys

At the party where Matt gets outed when everybody catches him having sex with Cody. Chapter 19.

22.) "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan

Matthew Shepherd's funeral. Chapter 22.

23.) "2 Becomes 1" by The Spice Girls

When Matt realizes that he might be falling for Danfield as they cuddle in bed together. Chapter 26.

24.) "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve

When Danfield and Matt, at the keggar, witness Amber's social downfall and discuss the Danfield political dynasty. Chapter 28.

25.) "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin

When Cole talks to Matt about his parents, and what he's got to do to get his life together. Chapter 30.

26.) "What Would Happen If We Kiss?" by Meredith Brooks

When Matt and Danfield finally give into the sexual tension between them and kiss. Chapter 31.

27.) "Inside Out" by Eve 6

When Matt and Wade have their first fight, at Halloween '98. Chapter 32.

28.) "What It's Like" by Everlast

When Matt details his plan to JP about how to stop Senator Danfield from sexually abusing his son. Chapter 39.

29.) "Hands" by Jewel

When Wade reveals to Beau what Dad has been doing to him, and Beau joins him in the plan to stop the Senator. Chapter 40.

30.) "Facade" from Jekyll and Hyde

When the plan goes in motion, and the Senator is blackmailed from ever doing anything again to Wade. Chapter 41.

31.) "Millennium" by Robbie Williams

For the new year and the new quarter, when Matt discusses his legal issues with Wade and Wade discusses his therapy. Chapter 42.

32.) "Larger Than Life" by the Backstreet Boys

For Stanford's first hockey game of 1999, against Santa Clara, where our boys win and celebrate at A-E-Ro house. Chapter 42.

33.) "Seasons of Love" from Rent

When various members of the family, such as Claire, come by to be at Matt's side to show their support for him. Chapter 46.

*BTW, has anyone seen Spring Awakening? It really is the Rent for the Millennial Generation.

34.) "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith

When Wade sits at Matt's bedside, refusing to leave, and tries to comfort Robbie. Chapter 47.

35.) "Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

When Wade muses on his relationship with his parents after seeing the bouqet they sent to Matt, as well as a newsphoto with his father proclaiming the need for prayer in school. Chapter 48.

36.) "I Want You" by Third Eye Blind

When Matt and Wade finally have sex again once waking up in the morning, with Matt back at Escorial after his near-death experience. Chapter 49.

*As an aside, I finally got to see Third Eye Blind in 2014. I don't think they're good as Weezer live, but it's pretty cool to see that they're still chugging along.

37.) "Wise Up" by Aimee Mann

At Escorial, where Senator Danfield explains why he did what he did to Wade, and promises that the cycle of abuse has ended. Chapter 51.

38.) "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" by N'Sync

When Matt and his adoptive father wholly and completely mend their relationship. Chapter 53.

39.) "Crazy" by Britney Spears

When Matt and Wade have a wild roll in the sack. Chapter 53.

40.) "Across the Universe" by Fiona Apple

When the family gets the news that Matt doesn't need a transplant, and Matt is free to celebrate Father's Day with his two fathers.

Reading this again, it did make me think about how important the father/son relationship has been in CAP. Will's drama with his father drove so much of the conflict in so many of the more recent stories. (Although it does seem like they've gotten to a better place.)

Although we don't really get much of that with JJ. He and Brad seem fine with each other, and they love each other, but I wouldn't say that they need each other like a person needs air, like you see with Will and Brad. They've kept a relatively calm, normal father/son relationship where Brad and JJ generally seem to respect each other.

In any event, it's weird to read this stuff, because everything absolutely implodes with Brad, Robbie, Jeanine, and their three kids that they raised happily for 13 years after this story. And it's weird to think about how innocent and happy JJ was, before he got involved in skating.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..