[dkstories] Doing It Right 5

Great chapter...

If you havent read it yet... read it! Cause here comes a spoiler... :P

I think some of the DK Stories Prophets forsaw it happening

The hints of a sad sad chapter coming up next are very disturbing with the trouble with brian... and the new found connection with sean...

also... what changes can sean now make to the timeline...

could he be found out and killed by order of the president?

will davey also face execution?

i hope that davey and brian work it out... or ima be crying too.... evil Dan...

in other news... yup... i just went another night without sleep... weeeeeee

L8ers all, time for work!

Braxton

Read the chapter now! It's really well done, and yes, it's a bit of a tear jerker...

Dan, That song so fits not only into this chapter, but into this whole series as well. It's also one of my favorite songs from Wicked. I had always wondered what would happen when a time traveler came back, and what they would be like, and how they would get up to speed and so on... I guess one of the questions have finally been answered... That said, I'm sad that Brian and Davey are having a spat, but I don't think it's gonna end in tears... unless Sean is killed... If I remember corectlly, Papa still knows that Sean is a time traveler... and this might compromise things for both of them in the future. Also, Davey's dad is getting closer and closer to the president, as well as becoming a really prominent politician... I wonder if people are gonna die because of a bomb that is gonna kill many people... I hope to god that Brian lives, and doesn't do something like save Davey only to get killed, cause that would kill Davey too, and mean that they would have to go back in time yet again... hmmmmmmm...

Another great chapter! Thank you so much for continuing this series, and for continuing to write. I cannot express in words how much this series means to me, nor can I express the positive effect it has had on my life. Thank you, Thank you and many more, thank you DK!

>>>Ikaika

Read the chapter now! It's really well done, and yes, it's a bit of a tear jerker...

If you thought 5 was a tear jerker - hold on to your tissues 'cause chapter 6 is up next. I couldn't see to edit for the tears in my eyes - and I tried *three* times!

If you thought 5 was a tear jerker - hold on to your tissues 'cause chapter 6 is up next. I couldn't see to edit for the tears in my eyes - and I tried *three* times!

I figured. As soon as I finished Chapter 5, I thought to myself, "This next chapter is going to be rough." Hopefully, Chapter 7 won't be as heart-wrenching as I suspect (and Emoe confirmed) Chapter 6 will be. Maybe I should wait until 7 is out, so I can read them both?

As if I'll be able to hold out that long!

Edited by andy04

This chapter was really good, and really different. It's a tear jerker, for sure, but it also had some of the downright funniest parts of the entire DO series, IMHO. What an emotional roller coaster! It's a darn tough call, but I think this chapter is my favorite of the whole DO series!

Spoilers below! If you haven't read Ch. 5, DON'T READ FURTHER!

The first clue was that Davey was now taller than his father, which lead us into the time setting. I knew Sean was due to come back (I've been wondering about that for quite a while) and I have been wondering if the "death" aspect of the "present" Sean would be portrayed. It was, and very poignantly, too. Poor Sean knew something was up, but Davey wouldn't tell him. (Davey couldn't, as doing so would have been very cruel).

Ever since the beginning of DO, I've wondered what happens to the "original" personality. I was wondering if Sean's would be like Davey's after the coma: aspects of both. But, the old Sean is gone, and he "died" with Davey holding his hand.

On the flip side of the emotional coin, there were some parts that literally had me laughing out loud.

********"In two years, my father had become far more comfortable with the whole

from my experience with dan's previous chapters and stories... im predict that chapter 6 will blow us right out of the water...we wont see a damn thing coming.... we're probally all so off from whats really gona happen it's funny... just cause thats the way DK works... :)

Braxton

Amazing! :D WOW!! :2thumbs:

So now Davey's dad is a cabinet member huh? :lmao: Really2x like reading on how davey got the special treatent and such :P Davey and Brian, two years and going strong!! Wouldn't want anything else.

Okay, I was quite surprised that Sean came back. I guess I forget about that. At first I couldn't understand why davey cried. After all, it isn't like he lost his friend. But then I got it..... :(:( Sean's gone. The Sean.

Although I hope Sean1&2's memories is somehow "blend" like it happened with davey, it's not happening. Gone...like the memory was nevr there in the first place. :,(

Okay, enough for the depressing feeling 0:) I can't wait what succesive chapters would bring. Now that national Security and time-travel is out the way, I'm guessing it's more about family from now on. But I still love Davey's families close connections with the high politics.

hehehehe. How would the press react when it becomes known that two football jocks are gay and in a

relatioship :P It'd gonna cause an uproar :worship: Wanna know how the family handle it.

Cheers!

Rad

N.B : What other shoes? I hope it's not gonna come down.

When I first started reading ch 5, and realised it was about Sean coming back, and thus over-writing Davey's best friend, I thought "Ahh, this is what Emoe was so upset about". Then, I realized this was chapter 5, not 6. Yipes...

C James:

The last line of DIR 5 tore me up as well (quoted here as a refresher):

I just had to ignore the tears still trickling down my face.

This image compounded with Davey's history just destroys me.

Dan, you are killing me. Much, much more I want to "say" but need to dry my eyes (again), collect my thoughts and then try to express myself. I eagerly await chapter 6 even though I fear what it may include.

C James:

The last line of DIR 5 tore me up as well (quoted here as a refresher):

I just had to ignore the tears still trickling down my face.

This image compounded with Davey's history just destroys me.

That line really got to me too, but the one that hit me the most was Davey referring to the overwritten Sean as "my Freckles." once he was "gone". It's clear that Davey already misses him painfully.

The whole Disneyland trip and especially the conversation with Davey in the room really showed what a great guy Sean had become, and made his "loss" all the more poigniant.

I don't like to admit it, but I had a few tears by the end of the chapter, and reading usually does not do that to me!

Even though it's so very sad (but also very funny in places), this chapter is my favorite of the entire DO series. I never thought anything could replace as my favorite the chapter in DO (14, I think) where Trevor finds out his parents have known all along about the Barn, but this chapter does.

BTW, Emoe, Thanks so much for all the work you do editing. This reader sure appreciates it!