[DomLuka] Ride

Guest Citizen-Seth

This is my first short story. It was homework in my AP English class, and it's a true story. I'd really enjoy hearing any comments you guys have.

Ride

by

Citizen-Seth

The trees outside the bus window seemed to stretch into a single sheet of green and brown wallpaper along the road. It was, not surprisingly, all my eyes could see; such is the road to El Dorado, Arkansas. Once in a while, breaks in the trees would open to reveal a pasture with grazing cows or a desolate road that led to some place I would never know. My eyes saw these things, but they took no notice of them. My eyes were focused away from the outside world on my left as they peered through my heart to the boy sitting next to me.

We were surrounded by people on the bus. The band director to our left, the two majorettes in the seat behind us, and the bus driver

Edited by Citizen-Seth