Plot vs Gameplay

The title says it all. We all love a good story. But I know a few people would trade a good plot for a really awesome gameplay (graphics and mechanics). Are you one of those "few people?"

With all the graphics and the evolution of technology, I've turned into a gameplay person. I'd rather read a good book nowadays if I'm looking for a good amount of plot twists. :D 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Isn't a First Person Shooter  the genre where people trade gameplay for plot? lol

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Meh.  Half-Life 2 is ancient.  Halo has more plot than most FPS's.. but you need the novels to decode it. lol.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2017 at 7:09 PM, Myr said:

Meh.  Half-Life 2 is ancient.  Halo has more plot than most FPS's.. but you need the novels to decode it. lol.

Love the Halo novels, movies, and the soundtracks. I've watched all of the cut-scenes on YouTube as well. However, I can never play the game. FPS games make me sick.