• Site Administrator

The Ultimate Toolkit is a pretty handy way to dig yourself out of writer's block.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Worldbuilders5

The other things look interesting as well.  (I picked up this bundle and have been thumbing through, proverbially)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, RainbowPhoenixWI said:

total derailment warning ahead .... derailment in 3  .... 2 ... 1 ... is it a bad thing that i am mostly using these threads as fodder for writing my d&d adventures for my d&d groups?

Not at all. In my opinion, D&D is just another form of Storytelling. You're just doing it with friends.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Just for the record... Myr was my first D&D character's nickname.. from when I was 12... 28 years ago.  Just saying.

He was a Fighter/Mage.  :wizard:.  he is a :joe: last time I looked in on him.

And... yes... I still have his character sheet and all of my worldbuilding information from my years DM'ing.  

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Myr said:

Just for the record... Myr was my first D&D character's nickname.. from when I was 12... 28 years ago.  Just saying.

He was a Fighter/Mage.  :wizard:.  he is a :joe: last time I looked in on him.

And... yes... I still have his character sheet and all of my worldbuilding information from my years DM'ing.  

That's Awesome!

My first character was a (basic) Dungeons & Dragons Blue box (but was set in Forgotten Realms, instead of Mystara), Halfling, named Demetrious Greenleaf. The Halfling, whose Race was its Class. No longer have his sheet, but he ended up being a Thieves Guild Master and having a family. Had twin sons, who both were Clerics. One became a Cleric of Tymora and the other was a Cleric of Bane.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

My buddy grew up to be a professional artist.  (With a BA and MA, no less)  I have a lot of maps and creature drawings from him from when we were kids.  even have a signed inked drawing of a dragon that is over 20 years old now.

All that stuff is in a binder on the shelf next to the collection of AD&D 2nd edition stuff. lol.

I have all that stuff for my world building.  My Ranger's Duty story take's place in that world.  I have a lot of stuff planned.  life just interupts all the time.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

The books I linked to in my original post have been useful.  That Bundle of Holding site is REALLY dangerous to a research geek like me...

But the Ultimate Toolbox book really is that.  It's got charts to help you randomly generate pretty much anything.  Handy when you need to make up side characters with more flavor.

I have too many of these things now.  One of the books I picked up has charts for randomly rolling first names and last names based on Earth cultures.  Since I really suck at name generations, the lists are enough to find something that fits... or you can roll the dice.

• Like 1