Delayed Notifications

Go to solution Solved by A.J.,

Yesterday, a member left a comment on the chapter I posted last Friday. The reader mentioned he had just received a notification for that chapter.

Today I woke up to a notification saying Wildone mentioned me in a blog entry. That would be the weekly summary posted on Sunday. This happened once before and I ignored it thinking it a one-time glitch.

HP Laptop. Most current versions of Windows 10 and Firefox.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

@Carlos Hazday That is something different.  @wildone was premaking the Sunday Wrap-Up blog and the system isn't smart enough to know not to send out the notification when it is a scheduled post.  You'll get tagged again when it goes live.  I also received the notification, because I follow that blog and can see it.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

See what happens @Carlos Hazdaywhen they leave me in charge of the weekly update? :gikkle:

What I'm doing is adding on a couple of things to the blog every couple of days. I'm doing this in case I get invited to some wild party on a Saturday night, I only have to post the stories before Sunday AM (like that is going to happen :( ) Since you are quoted with the @ symbol for the Weekly Update for Ask an Author, I think it is letting you know I have mentioned you the first time I save it, just it isn't visible.

Also, noticed that your notification is saying I mentioned you in the the Weekly Update for June 24 - June 30th. That one comes out next Sunday.

If you are willing to ignore my notification until Renee comes back, it would be greatly appreciated!

If any other non staff are receiving these early notifications, let me know!

• Love 2