Reason for edit box

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I know I've asked this before, but I've done a bit of testing. When we edit our comments in stories  and posts in forums, GA blogs, and club topics, we have the option to write something in the Reason for edit box. I think it also used to be in status updates, but no longer, which makes sense, because you couldn't see what you wrote. 

My test shows:

If you write in the Reason for edit box in Forums (including Chat) and in Clubs you can see the content. :yes:

Anything written in the Reason for edit box in GA blogs or in comments in stories isn't visible. :no: 

Is this an ongoing bug or a feature we have to live with ? The main reason I'm asking is that I like the Reason for edit box and the funny things people write.

So :thankyou:  for adding it in the big update, and I hope we'll get to use it in more places.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Reason for edit box is controlled by the forum software, not us.  From a software standpoint "Comment" and "Post" though visibly similar, are not handled the same way by the software.  That's not in our control.

• Like 4
On 11/29/2018 at 12:20 AM, Myr said:

Reason for edit box is controlled by the forum software, not us.  From a software standpoint "Comment" and "Post" though visibly similar, are not handled the same way by the software.  That's not in our control.

Make sense, but why does the box show up if not activated ? Oh well, one of the mysteries of software, I guess. And blog comments are like story comments and not like forum posts  ?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

And blog comments are like story comments and not like forum posts

yes

• Like 2